1K views

We booked a tour to Israel and the agent we spoke with put us on a flight with a stop with a layover and told us we would have to pay extra because we were leaving from Newark instead of JFK. We later learned that there is a direct flight from Newark that would have cost less and would only be 9-10 hours instead of the 15 hours it is taking us to fly from Newark to Toronto...wait for a plane and then have another 10 hour flight!!!!

I complained and a manager was saddened to tell me that his agent was very wrong but he couldn't do anything about changing the tickets.

I have used Odyssees travel before and they are great! Not like this agency!

DO NOT USE GATE 1 TRAVEL!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Tour Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

I'm not surprised. I think Gate 1 is just awful after my experience with them.

Gate1Travel
#1207281

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with the flight option presented at the time of booking.

What was selected may have been the most cost effective or it could have been, at the time, the

most convenient flight.

As you may know direct flight can often be more expensive however we

are always happy to research this option if made aware of the preference during the time the

reservation is made. That said we do understand that you spoke with a supervisor.

Regrettably,

once client accept the flight option and make payment the airline tickets are issued and cannot be changed without penalty.