455 Maryland Dr, Fort Washington, PA 19034, USA
3.5

I have traveled with Gate One 3 or 4 times (including their river cruise) and to be fair I think they do a fairly good job. Compared to some of these reviews I now realize that I got off lucky.

I went on a safari to South Africa with them and their baggage handlers broke my suitcase. Even the tour guide verified that it was the handlers who broke it. Being a large suitcase it was very difficult to manage without a handle but we made it through, my husband sprained his wrist trying to manage the suitcase.

When I got back I submitted a receipt for a new suitcase (less than $89) thinking that being such a loyal customer they would be interested in retaining my business. Apparently not!

They told me the maximum the South African hotel was willing to pay for my busted suitcase was $37 and they would not be willing to make up the difference.

Its unfortunate that customer care and retention is not worth $50 for an almost $3000 (times two since my husband went as well) trip and a regular client

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Customer Care.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Kit

Hello, Again, we are sorry to hear of the damage to your luggage. Please understand that we do advise within our Terms and Conditions that Gate 1 will not be responsible for loss or damage to luggage and personal belongings, which is one of the reasons we strongly encourage clients to purchase travel protection.

Gate1travel Reviews