455 Maryland Dr, Fort Washington, PA 19034, USA

Three years after purchasing a trip to Peru through GROUPON, I have never taken the trip and never received a credit or refund. I saved for 4 years to be able to take this "bucket list trip" with a friend.

After purchasing the GROUPON, the trip was scheduled through Gate 1. At departure time, we had the storm of the century with schools and offices closed for a week! During this time every pther travel company was online offering courtesy credits and refunds and Southwest even refunded me the cost of the flight to Miami to get the tour due to the weather emergency in our area! I called Gate 1 to let them know I could not get out and would like to reschedule my trip as we were in a state of emergency.

I called Gate 1 repeatedly and was met with rude customer service agents- one of them refused to let me speak with a supervisor and another told me it was my tough luck. Gate 1 had an opportunity to gain a loyal customer and instead took my money and refused to reasonably assist me. I am not in the process of hiring an attorney to pursue the cost of the trip and other damages. All Gate 1 had to do was exercise some empathy and customer service!

Apparently this has happened to others. I am still pursuing a refund or credit for another trip and still waiting for someone at Gate 1 to step up!

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Gate1travel Cons: Complete lack of empathy, Customer service unwilling to offer options or be reasonable, Unprofessional treatment i received, Lack of follow up, Repeated refusal to make things right.

Comments

Gate1Travel

Hello, While we want to sell you the vacation you want, the Groupon vouchers are sold for a specific product with specific departures dates that may vary in price. For this reason, we are unable to simply switch you to a different trip and you must make the exchange with Groupon.

As you mentioned, you were affected by weather, it is for this reason we offer travel protection. As for any lapse in service, we do apologize and have shared your comments with the appropriate individuals.

@Gate1Travel

The travel protection was useless and your customer service agents were rude and completely unhelpful. I reported to the Better Business Bureau and am following up with an attorney.

Gate 1 had an opportunity to make me a customer for life. Offering a credit or good will gesture would have been better than telling me, "Tough luck, not our problem" during the storm of the century. I should add that Southwest Airlines refunded all of my plane fees due to the weather as a good will gesture. Gate 1 should take a page from Southwest's customer service care.

Upon reading other reviews of Gate 1, there appears to be a pattern here.

Both GROUPON and GATE 1 point the finger at the other party and the consumer is stuck in the middle. Buyer, BEWARE!