Due to reading good and bad reviews for Gate 1, I have chose not to use this company for my travels. The bad reviews far outweigh the good ones.

They seem to offer less than adequate customer service and resolutions.

Not sure how they have been able to sustain their company for this many years, other than I heard of this company through Groupon. What they offer in black and white All Inclusive vacations is a far cry from the horrific events told in these reviews.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Gate1travel Cons: Information supplied.

• Gate One

Comments

Gate1Travel

Hello, Many comments are posted before the passenger has received a response and unfortunately the original comment remains posted, which gives an undeservedly poor reflection.However, when searching reviews on a site called, "Pissed Consumer" it may be the case that you will find more negative reviews. Of course we always hope consumers will do their research before making their final assessment.

As you may know, Gate 1 Travel is over 30 years old. Our yearly growth and return passenger percentage are testament to our fine services and excellent reputation.

I have been on several Gate 1 tours. For the most part the tours are a good value for the money.

The hotels have been nice and the majority centrally located. Many of the bad reviews come from issues with airlines that Gate 1 has really no control over. Sure, I have had some minor issues, and some tours I didn't gel with the Tour Director and/or some of the tour participants. My advice is to read the itinerary very closely and also look over your choice of flights if including flights with the land purchase.

There are always alternative flights then just the one that first comes up. The price quoted is from that departure city and double occupancy. If you add your city and/or go single the price is going to be more.

The best thing about the tours if I need free time to get away from the "group" thing, there is always free time. Also if you are not the type that does not like to get up early and/or drive sometimes for long periods of time, an escorted tour is not for you.