1.1K views

I want to comment on the bus seating. This appears to always be a problem without a seating chart.

I've been to over 100 countries and have used different travel companies besides Gate 1 so I have some experience on this. I always go solo and pay the single supplement so I know what the other solo travelers may be thinking. Each situation is different depending on how large the vehicle is. I have been on a 44 pax bus with 40 people so there were few leftover seats, I had to share.

I have been on a 25 pax couch with 15 people so some couples took individual seats with the solos. I have been on a bus with people that had motion sickness, I myself sometimes get sick as well on curvy roads, and they insist on the front seat but don't always get it.

If you get sick, take some meds for it, that's the solution or don't travel on a bus. What this has taught me is go with the flow and this will make your trip enjoyable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Tour.

Comments

We were on a trip to France about 2 summers ago, it required time on the buses. Never knew that the buses were such and issue.

People in groups should never be allowed to take separate seats because they hog the seating rotation chart, that is their plan. There are exceptions such as big people, and those that just can't sit in the back for hours, I get that. We would never take another trip with bus riding again unless we were in a group of 4 or more. It's just not fun.

We had people trying to take our seats when we rotated to the front etc. Fortunately our guide did not let them.

I will always remember that part of the trip with the rude people.

That's the attitude!!!