Fair Lawn, New Jersey
1.2K views

We took the 6 day tour to Macchu Picchu from New York.

The air arrangements were good, the hotels were good. The tour guide ,Luis, was excellent.So were the driver and the assistant guide Freddie(super organizer).

My few peeves were these.

While the arrangements were good, nobody conveyed to us, what they were. We were all going all over the place in Lima.

The MP climbing experience was out of this world.

Again, the Cusco Hotel was good .I actually needed oxygen.

The tours were not planned right .They chose the most difficult tours for the last day and get this. We were asked to vacate the rooms at 10 am .Our flight was at 7.30 Pm.Of course people were compalining with reason. I kept on asking for water for 5 hours before I got it. The bathrooms had half length shower curtains ,part of the way. Needless to say,our bathroom was always flooded.

Suggestion: I thought some of the customer service people had no travel knowledge of Peru, not very helpful either.Of course some were very good.Agents should be trained better and there should be specialists for each country. Customers won't mind paying a few bucks more for better checkout times and rooms, I think.

Also, there should be detailed instructions as to what to do at airports,specially in foreign lands.

Also, ask questions regardless of how unhelpful they are and be persistent till you get the answers.This is my humble request.

Comments

I took this same trip to Peru Oct 2014 and loved ever aspect of it. I had no complaints.

I have now taken three Gate 1 tours and will now use this is my only tour company because I really trust them. A doctor friend and his wife have taken 15 Gate1 trips and will only use them. BTW, I am age 67 and have traveled all over the world and the USA.

I can see where inexperienced travelers may have false expectations. To them I say, chill out or stay home.

I've been to Cusco also. That's how it is there.

You need to be out of your room by 10am. Did I like that? No, but we managed. The hotel held our suitcases until our evening flight.

We just walked around and enjoyed our day. It is not Gate 1's fault.

Go with the flow. I love Gate 1.

Kit

We are pleased to know that you did enjoy your trip overall. Of course we do regret if any part of the program did not meet your expectations or if you experienced any lapse in service.

Rest assured, we have shared these comments with the appropriate departments. Please don't hesitate to contact Gate 1 directly should you wish to discuss any concerns further.

Gate1travel Reviews