My husband & I & a friend went on the Classic China tour in March 2016. Beijing, Xian & Shanghai.

Flew out of LAX to Beijing in China Air with internal flights to Xian & Shanghai as well. Excellent value for the tour including airfare, hotels & most breakfasts & lunches & some dinners. Tour manager Lee was great-very friendly, organized & knowledgeable. Locals guides Candy & David were very good as well.

We have travelled a lot but usually not with tours although we have been on 2 OAT trips to Africa. For a highlights trip everything on the must do list was covered-Great Wall, Forbidden City & Tianamen Square, Terra Cotta Warriors, Shanghai city tour. The hotels were fine, not luxury like Ritz-Carlton but good business/tourist hotels like Holiday Inn Express or midrange Marriotts. Food was good-virtually all Chinese served Chinese style all at once on lazy-susans with breakfasts being buffet combos of east & west offerings.

Being able to do 3-4 dinners on our own was nice & were we able to eat at some fabulous places. The group was good-17 people total & everyone got along well.

I'm not a big shopper so I could have cut out times at the pearl, silk, pottery/wood venues by 1/2 but some liked it & the demonstrations were interesting plus it probably knocked a few $$ of the cost of the trip. Very good price & good itinerary & I would consider another Gate 1 tour.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel 10 Day Classic China Tour.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

Comments