Scarborough, Western Australia

I agree, gate one are bad news. My wife broke her arm 4 days before our scheduled trip with gate one from Budapest on the river.

We asked to postpone the travel for 2 weeks until after her operation, just a miserable 2 weeks. They refused and we have to lose our prepaid money.. There response was" take it up with your travel insurance if you have any.." Typical of this country. Gate one are in it purely for gains, they have no customer sensitivity at all.

We previously did a South Africa tour with them and it was a night mare.

We should have learnt our lesson from that with this company.

Not Happy Jan.....never go with Gate one, look at Viking cruise for all Europe river cruises. Much better value

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Customer Care.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Preferred solution: refund or alter cruise as requested.

Gate1travel Cons: Extemely poor customer service.

Comments

#1204190

Always buy insurance, they offer one, you are out of luck if you do not. I have never experienced a problem with them after several trips, heading to India, I'm insured!!!!!!

J.Dupoux

Gate1Travel
#1197644

We are truly sorry to hear of the circumstances that forced the cancellation of the trip. Please understand that our cancellation terms and policies are dictated strictly by pre-negotiated vendor agreements.

As you can understand, suppliers can seldom make last minute changes and therefore cancellations can be costly.

That said, we always encourage clients to purchase travel insurance for situations such as this. We do hope that you have reached out to your provider to initiate a claim.