New York, New York
1.6K views

BEWARE! I made a big mistake using Virgin Vacations operated by Gate 1.

4 months ago I booked a Mediterranean cruise out of Greece. Out of no where I get an email 1 month before my trip that the cruise ship was changed to another ship. After some research on my part it came to light that the replacement ship was a much cheaper alternative. After a phone call with them they said they are not responsible for cruises (even though the sell them) and they can only refund part of my trip.

They said it was my fault for not reading the fine print and even though they are at fault, too bad. Now I am stuck with airplane tickets to Greece. It really looks and feels like a bait and switch.

Do yourself a favor and use a reputable company. Not Virgin Vacations operated by Gate 1

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Cruise.

Comments

We can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when any part of our clients planned travel is changed. We do understand that any cruise line can change the ship being utilized, at any time, without our agreement or advanced knowledge, we therefore outline this possibility in our terms and conditions for our client to review prior to making a reservation. As the passenger was not in agreement with the change we immediately issued a full refund for the cost of the cruise.

@Gate 1 Travel/Virgin Vacations

Sounds exactly like the integrity I have found in dealing with Gate 1. I've done 15 trips with Gate 1 and found them outstanding.