Littleton, Colorado
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I had to cancel a trip to South America through Gate-1 Travel due to eye surgery. I bought insurance through AAA after reading bad reviews about Gate-1's insurance.

It still didn't save me and I was just out $2500. I thought they would at least offer a discount for another trip since I had to cancelled for medical reasons. Nothing was ever offered. I will never use this tour operator again.

And, it took forever to get information from them. Every time I called, I got a different person and had to fill them in on all the details over and over. What a pain!

What horrible customer service. They have no clue about building customer goodwill.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Gate1Travel

Hello,

Please know that our cancellation terms and policies are dictated strictly by pre-negotiated vendor agreements. Nevertheless, we are sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip and that the insurance you purchased independently was not able to cover your costs.