Miami, Florida
1K views

I recently booked a 12 Day South African Tour with Gate 1 Travel that was promoted through TravelZoo. After making the deposit, I called Gate 1 to use some of the $375 credits that I had acquired through their referral system and their online surveys.

I was told by a customer representative named Liz that I could not use my 'credits' because the tour was already discounted. In other words, I can only use my credits on tours that would be too expensive for the credits to mean anything. What a deceptive ploy!

Had I known that Gate 1 puts limitations on their credit-giving, I wouldn't have bothered referring anyone to their website. They can't be trusted!

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel 12 Day Classic South Africa Tour Booking.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Gate1Travel
#1197645

Although we do list the information about our credits, such as the referral credits, on our website we do regret if there was any misunderstanding. Naturally, if you feel there was an error or would like to review this matter further please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.