Furniture Row - Financing is a Joke?

60 of 191 Furniture Row reviews

I bought a leather furniture set and tried to use their interest free credit promotion.Both my husband and I were denied!!!

MY credit score is 757 my husbands over 800 there is no way we should have been denied financing for $1900 . We ended up paying cash because I really wanted the furniture . I believe it to be a scam so the sales person can get their commission up front . I haven't had it delivered yet wish I could cancel .

I'm thinking about filing law suite.

Its been almost 10 days since I bought this and I haven't gotten a letter explaining why I was denied financing.Stay away from this company it's a pure scam...

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Poor customer service

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
60 of 191 Furniture Row reviews

Sep 18, 2016 #1214509 Lebanon, Indiana, United States

I was approved on the spot for $9000. Furniture Row does not run the card, Capitol One does. Even though you have a good credit score, if you have too many things currently financed, they will deny you.

Feb 29, 2016 #1119897

I had a similar experience, but stayed on the phone long enough with Capital One that they finally approved my credit. During the call they continued to check back frequently and supposedly it went from the first person to their supervisor and then the supervisor had to do a 'written report' and send it to her manager for approval.
In retrospect, I think they did all of that hoping I would hang up and pay cash because they could tell by looking at my credit history that I would pay off the balance and get the advantage of the free interest and they (Capital One) would not make any money from me.

Sep 30, 2015 #1041178

Their financing is through Capital One genious, furniture row just signs you up for financing, its not their fault if your denied. Take it up with Capital One, alao keep in mind that nobody forced you to buy the sofa. You made that choice

Sep 18, 2015 #1035828

You can have a high credit score like that by paying your bills in a timely manner but that doesn't mean you don't have a crazy high debt to income ratio. The salesperson does not decide whether you get approved or not that is up to one of the biggest financing companies in the U.S, Capitol One. Your complaint is not with the sales person or the company just maybe with Capitol one

roxann

Sep 12, 2015 #1033071 Waterloo, Iowa, United States

I purchased a sectional at the store in waterloo Iowa the hole thing after 2 years is a mess.My husband was so mad he threw it out on burn pile.So just be careful.

0 2 Reply
FurnitureRowCustomerServi

Sep 14, 2015 #1033434

Furniture Row verified representative

Hello Roxann,
We are sorry to hear about your couch and we would like to offer you our help. Could you please visit furniturerow.zendesk.com to submit a form with your contact information and the reason and we would be happy to have someone contact you to address your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon!
Shelby P.
Furniture Row Digital Community Coordinator

Sep 12, 2015 #1033068

I purchased a sectional at the store in waterloo Iowa the hole thing after 2 years is a mess.My husband was so mad he through it out on burn pile.So just be careful.

Jul 25, 2015 #1011940

Financing is through capital one. Furniture row has no say wither you are approved or not. I don't believe your issue is with them rather than capital one

Jul 23, 2015 #1011280

weird, my credit score is right around 700 and I was accepted for like 5000 bucks...

FurnitureRowCustomerServi

Jul 21, 2015 #1010232

Furniture Row verified representative

ffrench2015,
We are very sorry to hear that you were denied financing. We want to extend our help to you. Can you please go to furniturerow.zendesk.com to fill out a form. Please include your name, contact phone # & the location of the store that you shopped at as well as your complaint! In the title area please put Pissed Consumer Review. We will have someone reach out to you to address your issues promptly. We hope to hear from you soon!
Shelby P.
Furniture Row Digital Community Coordinator

0 1 Reply

Jul 20, 2015 #1010067

What do they have to gain by denying you credit?

3 0 Reply

Jul 21, 2015 #1010362

They get their comission up front and because then you would be forced to pay the entire balance by credit card or cash.

0 3 Reply

Jul 25, 2015 #1011939

As an employee I can tell you we get commission "up front" no matter the form of payment.

4 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.