Melbourne, Victoria
100% full Not resolved

Friendly Duck Affiliates are reported for abusing authors works and hosting multiple links to Usenet.Nl. I am an author and filed 100+ DMCA takedown requests with Google on many pages scraping book descriptions from Amazon.

Invariably every page links to a Usenet.Nl download page and the 14 day trial listed below.

Usenet.Nl has its own reports for being dishonest, it offers a 14 day trial where one must still provide a credit card, and cancellation is then impossible. Then, people get threatened by debt collectors. Just google Usenet.Nl.

In recent times, upon deeper investigation, I found that it was actually Friendly Duck Affiliates that create the scraped pages, the affiliate links to Usenet.Nl and thus clearly profit from the abuse of authors, and those hoping to find the title on Usenet.Nl. See screenshots for the proof.

Usenet.Nl invariably (although not 100% of the time) do NOT have the content, but the subscriber is only told after signing up for the free trial. Cancellation is impossible and debt collector letters are inevitable.

No-one should become a Friendly Duck Affiliate, for their are reports of people not being paid their commission, and all you are doing is helping Friendly Duck Affiliates to help Usenet.Nl to scam thousands of people.

You would also be helping to abuse author copyrights.

It is clear that Friendly Duck have a part in it, see screenshots, and in the past, refused to work with me on the matter and continued the abuse.

They openly admit, as per one of their skype reps, that they are a direct marketing arm of Usenet.Nl, and admit to offering bonuses to those who can drive sign ups to Usenet.Nl

Usenet.Nl have a terrible reputation for taking money from peoples credit cards. Friendly Duck Affiliates claim to be friendly, but this is simply a glossy veneer for very serious consumer abuse, which they know about, do not care about and continue to do.

When I complained, out of the blue, I got a debt collectors letter as well demanding 100+ euros.

As yet Friendly Duck have not made good, and continue supporting such abuse today.

Be very careful and do NOT become a Friendly Duck affiliate, for all they are doing is roping you into promoting a fraudulent subscription scheme that rips thousands of people off planetwide.

Review about: Friendly Duck Affiliates Usenet Nl 14 Day Free Trial Scam.

I didn't like: Lending a helping hand to well documented usenet nl scam, Marketing for usenet nl 14 day free trial scam, Copyright abuses, Enlisting spammy affiliates, Unethical behaviour.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Unethical behaviour and consumer fraud / $10000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with FriendlyDuck?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion