I recently bought a container of strawberries from our local fresh & easy. Keep in mind I'm a frequent visitor of fresh & easy and have never really had any issues with them besides the occasional food going bad before the expiration date...no big deal.
I came home and decided to munch on some strawberries. The first *** I took I looked down and saw a black-brown rotted spot with a live worm inside! I immediately spit out the piece I had bitten and almost vomited! I further inspected the strawberry and saw that the worm was in fact alive and feeding from inside the fruit.
This was so disgusting and really made me re-think my purchasing of fruits at fresh & easy. Although strawberries grow on the ground and it's not totally unlikely that a worm or other bugs could get into the fruit, there were no holes or any visible marks that would have warned of little visitors.
Overall, I was really freaked out and disappointed with this discovery. I all my years, I have never bitten into ANY type of fruit or vegetable and seen a live worm or bug. Very nasty! I will be notofying the corp division and I will also be making my way back to Fresh & Easy shortly.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "ATTN: Walmart on June 7, 2013 I purchased a Ready Pac Bistro Chicken Caesar Salad from Wal-Mart in Clarksville, IN (zip code- 47129) and on June 8, 2013 I decided..."
- "Purchased really good looking package of Carolina Pride Sliced Smoked Pork Shoulder Picnic Ham marked "Special Trim" for supper that night. We are in a rural area so it is..."
- "This year we decided to order Publix ready made thanksgiving dinner. We were totally disappointed and we're glad we didn't have guest, it was the worst meal we have..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "- check BBB - over 5,268k complaints in just 3 years. All reviews stating SCAM and FRAUD are accurate. I have dealt with them twice now.... trying to give them a chance..."
- "Restraunt never received order... Called next day for refund.... Phone system said "10 minute wait" turned into 51 minute wait!.... Waste of time in 2 days!!!!! Customer service DID NOT..."
- "I have had a problem with my order for three weeks now and still haven't gotten a response, I've called corporate office 5 times yesterday alone, only to be connected..."