I recently bought a container of strawberries from our local fresh & easy. Keep in mind I'm a frequent visitor of fresh & easy and have never really had any issues with them besides the occasional food going bad before the expiration date...no big deal.
I came home and decided to munch on some strawberries. The first *** I took I looked down and saw a black-brown rotted spot with a live worm inside! I immediately spit out the piece I had bitten and almost vomited! I further inspected the strawberry and saw that the worm was in fact alive and feeding from inside the fruit.
This was so disgusting and really made me re-think my purchasing of fruits at fresh & easy. Although strawberries grow on the ground and it's not totally unlikely that a worm or other bugs could get into the fruit, there were no holes or any visible marks that would have warned of little visitors.
Overall, I was really freaked out and disappointed with this discovery. I all my years, I have never bitten into ANY type of fruit or vegetable and seen a live worm or bug. Very nasty! I will be notofying the corp division and I will also be making my way back to Fresh & Easy shortly.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "This year we decided to order Publix ready made thanksgiving dinner. We were totally disappointed and we're glad we didn't have guest, it was the worst meal we have..."
- "On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at approximately 8:15 P.M., I went into the Pavilions location at: 8969 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, California 90069 (310) 595-1730 and received absolutely Low Class, Horrible..."
- "Hello all, I already posted my thoughts about Publix's scam many months ago. I have seen people making comments about my thoughts saying "why don't you work for publix and change..."
- "I am writing because I purchased some soups at my local walgreens yesterday, two tomato soups and one chicken noodle soup. Tonight I was eating a microwavable cup of soup...."
- " This place gets worst every week! Nothing ever works! I got here and couldn't even make change had to wait 35 minutes for the employee to show up!..."
- "Below is our complaint to the owner Craig Carpenter of a medium size local Southern California mattress chain called Orange County Mattress-- you are NOT alone. I do not understand..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."