Frenchs - Deceptive Labeling

1 of 1 Frenchs reviews

French's Mustard has been using a very deceptive label on their 20 oz.mustard.

The top of the label, in very large bold print, reads “40% MORE”. Then the very small print below it reads “than our 14 oz. size”. Why do we need to know this?

Why do they advertise this? I can tell you. Because usually when a label reads ‘20% more’, ‘30% more’, or ‘40% more’, the next word is usually FREE. So, in this case their marketing people (read as connivers) are hoping consumers will mentally imagine or assume the next word is free.

It isn’t. This is very shameful.

I will never buy French’s mustard again.Heinz and Plochman make very good yellow mustards.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Frenchs reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 29, 2015 #1040936

Yes, false advertising at its best! And who was the *** that thought the new top was a good idea? I've cut myself numerous times since the razor thin plastic tears within a day. I guess I'll have to bring a class action lawsuit against ALL the morons that switched to this FLAWED design.

0 0 Reply

Aug 24, 2015 #1024210

Reminds me how marketing will purposefully confuse percentage points with total percentage. If something is increased by 200% then it will have been tripled where as if something has been increased to 200% of its original value it has only been doubled. Many companies will say that "x has 200% more y than z" when really they mean that "x contains 200% y when compared the y content of z and there is only a net different 100 points".
The bigger crime, however, is having to buy 40% yellowed water than usual. The other brands previously mentioned are great, but to take it to the next level I can't recommend Coleman's Mustard enough. One of the oldest food companies around, they make a yellow mustard so spicy that even chinese restaurants won't stock it.

0 0 Reply
frfankf

Dec 02, 2013 #751430

I too was fooled by this. Won't buy their products again.

2 1 Reply

Oct 12, 2013 #728400

interesting.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Frenchs.
Filing a new complaint about
×