Frenchs - Deceptive Labeling
French's Mustard has been using a very deceptive label on their 20 oz.mustard.
The top of the label, in very large bold print, reads “40% MORE”. Then the very small print below it reads “than our 14 oz. size”. Why do we need to know this?
Why do they advertise this? I can tell you. Because usually when a label reads ‘20% more’, ‘30% more’, or ‘40% more’, the next word is usually FREE. So, in this case their marketing people (read as connivers) are hoping consumers will mentally imagine or assume the next word is free.
It isn’t. This is very shameful.
I will never buy French’s mustard again.Heinz and Plochman make very good yellow mustards.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Frenchs Mustard
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I spent $18.00 on Tuna in three visits. All looked like cat food except for this one last one. I was draining the water out of the can and the..."
- "as im eating my froot loops...I had bitten down on a rock hard froot loop...next thing I knew ,my whole bridge in the upper left back 3 teeth ,were completely..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."
- "I bought a box of Suzy Qs and opened the package and got a weird chemical smell. I could barely choke down one ***, I threw the rest out and..."