Verified Reviewer

Update by user Dec 08, 2021

I ended up reporting Freedom Phone charge as fraud.

Original review updated by user Dec 08, 2021

July 19: After listening to Eric's interview with John Solomon, ordered the Freedom Phone. Had issues with the order due to Freedom Phone website processing errors.

July 20:

Charge posted to my credit card.

Sept 21:

Since we had just sold our home, sent email asking for a ship date - did not want phone sent to an address we no longer lived.

Freedom Phone replied with a form letter describing chip shortage, a non-sequitar(?).

October 17, 18, 19:

Because of no response from Freedom Phone, I sensed my order was not entered or am dealing with fraud.

October 22: Provided the email chain showing the request from Freedom Phone to show the charge to my credit card for a Freedom Phone which I complied. Then, Freedom Phone requested me to do a "charge back" which I did not comply. A chargeback's purpose is for fraud and was not convinced this is fraud.

October 23 - November 2:

No response to my emails.

November 3:

Contacted Texas Attorney General's office and opened a complaint for fraud. In order to complete the complaint I contacted Freedom Phone for a mailing address via Messenger which prompted you to contact me via email.

Contacted credit card company and reported fraud.

I gave FP chances to reply to my emails.

You chose not to until the Messenger contact mentioned earlier.

November 4 30:

FP sent two emails. Because of the complaints submitted on November 3, did not respond until Nov 30.

December 4:

Requested FP to contact a manager or supervisor to explain the reason.

Requested FP to stop sending me emails unless they contain the confirmation you reimbursed the credit card company and I will close all the complaints issued thus far and discontinue further actions.

December 6:

Replied to Alex that issue should be turned over to their internal investigations group.

I suspect fraud and lodged complaint with State Attorney General

User's recommendation: do not buy.

Freedom Phone Cons: Did not receive it.

Comments