Frankies Auto Sales - Frankie's Auto Sales, Memphis, TN.
Update added by user Mar 11, 2013
Complaint filed with Tennessee Attorney General's Consumer Affairs on 3-11-2013. Lawsuit pending.
Update added by user Nov 11, 2012
Frankie\'s, also d/b/a Airport Auto Sales, Owner Frankie Alexander have failed to respond to my complaint filed with the Midsouth Better Business Bureau. I will now file a Complaint with the Tennessee Attorney Generals Office, and file suit against Frankie\'s.
Original review posted by user Oct 11, 2012
I purchased a 2003 Corvette on July 18, 2012, and discovered a major engine oil leak within the first 36 hours.Met with General Manager Jerry Bussey who agreed to fix the engine leak if I closed my BBB Complaint.
Jerry Bussey told me that Frankie's was founded on "Integrity" and "doing the right thing" After several trips back and forth from Jackson to Memphis, logging over 1500 miles, the engine is still leaking oil. The vehicle has numerous problems with suspension, electrical, and computer, and has cost me additional thousands of dollars in the first 60 days. The Owner Frankie Alexander has fired the Salesman, Service Manager, and General Manager since I purchased the car. Last week, I brought the car back to Frankie's as scheduled by their Service Department.
Once again they put dye in the engine oil and determined that the oil pan was still leaking. They had the oil pan resurfaced/machined, however this just created a new engine leak. The owner Frankie Alexander refused to complete the engine repair that his General Manager agreed to fix. All "Integrity" left the building with Jerry Bussey!
Frankie Alexander sent his Sales Manager Tony Littoe to send me away, with measured antagonism by stating "I wouldn't have turned wrench one to repair your car." "What did you expect, the car is ten years old, you had Jerry Bussey bent over because you filed a BBB Complaint, we don't care, we get complaints all the time..." Nice attitude from the Sales Manager, so buyer beware, if you buy one of their ten year old Corvettes, Mercedes, BMW's, Lexus that they feature in the first front rows, you may get a lemon like mine, "what did you expect".
So Frankie's started a repair that they do not have the competence to do; and then after tearing the engine apart three times, and creating a new oil leak, fail to complete the job as agreed to by their agent/representative.Now the engine is at risk for further damage due to their negligence and failure to complete the repairs.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2003 Corvette
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "For those of you with Fleetwood camping issues, check the news...FTCA in Somerset, PA has closed it's doors! No warning was issued to the 300+ FTCA direct dealers, parts..."
- "Dealer new he was selling a 2010 cruise lite 26 bh trailer with a wet floor.As they sarnia rv tried to cover it up with a bad paint job on..."
- "I own a 2006 Ford Mustang GT. I wanted one of these Mustangs ever since the new retro style was introduced in 2005. Oct. 2013, I found my 2006 Mustang..."
- "We took our 2012 Outback to Camping World in Katy TX to have an additional AC installed. Having just one AC didn't cut it. We dropped of our travel traler..."
- "Went to Petco on Hwy 6 south Houston Tx I've gone there numerous times and never had a problem but today a new groomer was there I told her I..."
- "I've had two times where I was suppose to have won x2 items through this suppose to be game/survey, which I only was connected to this site through PCH. I..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."