Frank Myers Heating Services - Frank Myers Heating, shoddy business
Frank showed up at my home after I waited two weeks for the service that his receptionist swore he was proficient in servicing a Canadian made Insta-Flame gas fireplace. After tinkering for about one hour with the unit, going out to his van for a smoke, he said the parts that needed replacing were obsolete because of the age of my fireplace. For $3000.00 he would take it off my hands and replace it. He decided he would also remove and take away an old hot water chimney from my roof. His receptionist was supposed to send me a picture of the new replacement fireplace. I waited 10 days without any heat in my house before calling them to ask where the email was! I was told he would call me that night.
I called Firefly Gas service when Frank didn't call. Firefly was at my house the next day, he replaced the parts and charged me under $400. By the way all parts are still being manufactured by Insta-Flame.
When I called the company back, I was told there was no deception and Frank would call that evening. I have not heard back yet. I wasted two weeks and $126.00 on this shoddy Fraser Valley business. In front of my picture of the now working fireplace are the replaced readily available parts!
I was left disappointed and cold by this company.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Tried to take a working fireplace and replace it with a new one for $3000.00 and steal my old one and a chimney.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fireplace Replacement
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Southern Motion sectional Fusion in 2010. After the first year it started peeling. To see it now it looks like I have had it twenty..."
- "On 12-24-2011, Mr. Rooter was called to address the issue of sewage backing up into the basement. "J" agreed with the previous plumber that a cleanout was necessary to accommodate..."
- "Well, I just got done removing the last of the Gutter Helmet (GH) from my house. It did keep the leaves out, but it also kept the water out..."
- "This product is ridiculously poorly done. The quotes are wrong, the spelling of the names is wrong, some of the things do not even make sense! What a rip off!..."
- "Shady add on the internet, saying free trial just pay for shipping. Then they start charging after so called 14 days. They were closed on Sunday and last trial day was..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."