Frank showed up at my home after I waited two weeks for the service that his receptionist swore he was proficient in servicing a Canadian made Insta-Flame gas fireplace. After tinkering for about one hour with the unit, going out to his van for a smoke, he said the parts that needed replacing were obsolete because of the age of my fireplace. For $3000.00 he would take it off my hands and replace it. He decided he would also remove and take away an old hot water chimney from my roof. His receptionist was supposed to send me a picture of the new replacement fireplace. I waited 10 days without any heat in my house before calling them to ask where the email was! I was told he would call me that night.

I called Firefly Gas service when Frank didn't call. Firefly was at my house the next day, he replaced the parts and charged me under $400. By the way all parts are still being manufactured by Insta-Flame.

When I called the company back, I was told there was no deception and Frank would call that evening. I have not heard back yet. I wasted two weeks and $126.00 on this shoddy Fraser Valley business. In front of my picture of the now working fireplace are the replaced readily available parts!

I was left disappointed and cold by this company.

Review about: Fireplace Replacement.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Tried to take a working fireplace and replace it with a new one for $3000.00 and steal my old one and a chimney. / $126
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Frank Myers Heating Services?

Comments

Disappointed and Cold
Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada #905745

October 27, 2004

This issue has been resolved.

Frank never did return my calls.

In a last ditch effort before small claims proceedings I phoned again and spoke with his receptionist / partner.

Without apologizing and many excuses and even going as far as shutting down their Facebook page because I refused to remove this same post, my returned payment of $126.00 came in the mail.

Done deal.Avoid this company for fireplace services.

Darlene