Frank Myers Heating Services - Frank Myers Heating, shoddy business

1 of 1 Frank Myers Heating Services reviews

Frank showed up at my home after I waited two weeks for the service that his receptionist swore he was proficient in servicing a Canadian made Insta-Flame gas fireplace. After tinkering for about one hour with the unit, going out to his van for a smoke, he said the parts that needed replacing were obsolete because of the age of my fireplace. For $3000.00 he would take it off my hands and replace it. He decided he would also remove and take away an old hot water chimney from my roof. His receptionist was supposed to send me a picture of the new replacement fireplace. I waited 10 days without any heat in my house before calling them to ask where the email was! I was told he would call me that night.

I called Firefly Gas service when Frank didn't call. Firefly was at my house the next day, he replaced the parts and charged me under $400. By the way all parts are still being manufactured by Insta-Flame.

When I called the company back, I was told there was no deception and Frank would call that evening. I have not heard back yet. I wasted two weeks and $126.00 on this shoddy Fraser Valley business. In front of my picture of the now working fireplace are the replaced readily available parts!

I was left disappointed and cold by this company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Tried to take a working fireplace and replace it with a new one for $3000.00 and steal my old one and a chimney.
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Fireplace Replacement
Review category
Household Services
review #550377 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Frank Myers Heating Services? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Frank Myers Heating Services reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Disappointed and Cold

Nov 25, 2014 #905745 Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada

October 27, 2004
This issue has been resolved.
Frank never did return my calls. In a last ditch effort before small claims proceedings I phoned again and spoke with his receptionist / partner. Without apologizing and many excuses and even going as far as shutting down their Facebook page because I refused to remove this same post, my returned payment of $126.00 came in the mail.
Done deal. Avoid this company for fireplace services.
Darlene

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Frank Myers Heating Services.
Filing a new complaint about
×