Purchased this Fram oil filter to do an oil change on my 2008 Ford F-450 Superduty 6.4L.The Fram model# CH9549 I purchased came with a O-ring and a small round plastic piece with 4 wings, and an confusing as *** instruction manual that showed two examples of what I believe to be a valve of some sort.

Both pictures looked like the one I have and the manual saying if you have "A" skip to this number or "B" skip to this number. We lit I skip on both than what the *** do you need #1. I tried for 10 min to get the plastic insert in as told, 1 wink st a time. Got nowhere!!!

At this point I'm outraged that they put this much stupidity into a brand I once trusted, and frustrated I have to be inconveinanced to get a refund, but happy that MOTORCRAFT has one for my truck that slides right in and no headache afterwards. Never will I buy Fram again.

It wasn't due to user incompetence cause I'm a mechanic with a 118 IQ score.It's because the design suck, and whoevers bright idea this was need to be fired and what Fram pays the overpaid looser a year should be divided amoungst the people he/she frustrated to no end.

Review about: Ch9549.

1.5
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Fram?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.