On 8 January 2017, I purchased a new FRAM TG7317 oil filter and 5 quarts of oil from Walmart for my wife's 2012 Honda CRV.(See Walmart receipt photo, ID#: 7KZFQ0DPLCZ) After draining the old oil and removing the old oil filter, I screwed on the newly purchased FRAM filter and poured 4 1/2 quarts of oil into the engine.
I then turned the engine on and was horrified by a loud hissing sound that came from under the car. I turned off the car and saw that multiple quarts of oil had sprayed all over the garage floor and the undercarriage of the car from the vicinity of the filter. I immediately checked the filter but found I had indeed screwed it on tightly. It took almost an hour and four roles of paper towels to clean up the mess caused by the oil leak.
I drained the remaining oil and unscrewed the defective FRAM filter. I found that the filter top appeared to be warped and therefore had not provided a tight seal around the entire gasket. Given that it was now 8:30PM and my wife had to use her car in the morning, I had to drive BACK to Walmart and purchase the only remaining container of 0W-20 oil they had and another FRAM filter (See Walmart receipt photo, ID#: 7KZFQS1K3Z3X). It was during the second trip to Walmart that I also purchased oil remover and additional paper towels to clean the remaining oil from my garage floor.
It took until 10:30PM to clean up the remaining oil mess and replace the defective FRAM filter. Unfortunately, given that EVERYTHING was covered in a thick coat of oil, I threw the filter away in a triple-layered plastic bag and I refuse to dig back through it. I did take a picture of the "proof of purchase" bottom of the filter box, which shows the item number/code of the defective filter. I was a 30 year FRAM customer and have never had any problems with their products until this incident.
When I contacted FRAM about getting a refund for the defective filter and wasted oil ($43) and cleanup material, they instead offered just a replacement filter. Extremely substandard response. Why would I buy TWO identifal filters and TWO 5-quart jugs of oil in a span of three hours if an incident had not happened. I don't have two identical cars!!
FRAM managed, in the span of an hour, to turn me from a FRAM customer to a "anyone but FRAM" customer.
Congratulations FRAM!!DON'T BUY FRAM!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fram Oil Filter
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " I have been knowing Christopher Hinrichs, who makes Jeetop, for three years. Chris is the only one person in his company . He doesn't hire people because he..."
- "This whole expensive disaster started in February of 2014. I had used Michigan Motorz a few times before and thought they were a good solid company that stood behind the..."
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I was making my travel reservations on Cheapoair for my trip to Boston- Athens, Athens-Santorini and Santorini-Athens and Athens-Bos. As I had to make separate reservations Bos-Athens-Bos, Athens-Santorini-Athens for the..."
- "We pay $102.49 a month for 1. Plain home phone service. It comes with extra *** which we don't use. We have an answering machine and not interested in 3-way..."
- "I ordered 500 buisness cards from vista print i received the card they were wrong so they gave me a credit i ordered the new set and they sent me..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "The offer was 30 Free Trial and only pay shipping for thirty days. I was billed the full amount immediately even though the email confirmation listed my billing as..."