Verified Reviewer

I have been a very loyal Home Depot customer since I purchased my first home in 1995. Regretfully, my business relationship with Home Depot will now come to an end.

I find it ridiculous and irresponsible that a reputable company like Home Depot would continue to hold a contract with a company like Forward Air Final Mile Appliance Delivery and allow these lazy, unprofessional, irresponsible, and incompetent "delivery teams " to cause so much inconvenience and headaches for your customers. I ordered a stove from Home Depot which was delivered to my home on April 26, 2021. When the "delivery team" showed up at my home( this is a rental property) the lazy and incompetent drivers dropped the stove off and lied to my tenant saying that I did not pay for installation and haul-away service. Funny as my tenant saw on the paperwork where the installation was paid for, yet they refused to install the stove and haul away the old stove.

I immediately called Home Depot and reported what happened and was given a new date ( May 7). The delivery team comes back to my home and AGAIN refused to install the stove because they claimed that there was something wrong with my gas pipe, and that I needed to have a plumber fix it. They also did not haul away my stove which I paid them to do. I called a plumber out to look at it who confirmed that there was NOTHING wrong with the pipe, and that the two men were either too lazy or incompetent to install the stove.

I paid the plumber to install the stove ( which works fine). Ok. I call Home Depot back again to arrange for the old stove to be hauled away and was given a pick-up date for May 17. Well, May 17 comes and goes and the stove is still sitting outside in my yard.

I call Home Depot again to ask why the stove did not get picked up, and the agent reached out to the delivery company saying that they came by but no one was home. Really??? It was noted on the work order that the stove would be sitting outside awaiting pick-up. So, I get a new date--this time for May 21.

Again, the stove did not get picked up. This time, ForwardAir Final flat out lied and said that they did not receive the pickup order until that very same day--mind you the date was scheduled when I called to complain that the stove was still in my yard on May 17. So, after referring me to a supervisor who said that the stove would definitely be picked up on the following Monday on May 24. Well, guess what??

The delivery driver called me at around 4pm and said that they would not be picking up my stove today because one of the other delivery guys fell down and hurt his back and that I would get a new date. At this point, my HOA complained to me about the stove in the ard and has threatened to fine me if the stove is not gone by June 1, 2021. AGAIN, I call Home Depot and explained that the stove is STILL in my yard and that I need it gone by June 1, and I am told that the earliest available pick-up date was June 4. Are you guys at Home Depot insane????

Have you not looked at the multiple pages of complaints about Forward Air Final Mile on the Better Business Bureau's website??? Also, just google the reviews about this company on other websites and it's one horror story after the next with this company!!!

My message to you Home Depot is to get rid of this company before they drive all of your customers away to your competitors. Just food for thought!!!!

User's recommendation: Do not purchase an appliance from any company that has a delivery contract with Forward Air Final Mile Delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Forward Air Cons: Unreliable, Incompetent, Irresponsible, Unprofessional.

Location: 3000 Southpark Boulevard, Ellenwood, GA 30294