Flos sells substandard products at high prices
In summary, my experience with Flos lighting products leads me to conclude that Flos sells substandard products that are promoted by marketing hype and refuses to honor the warranty when products are defective.
I bought a Flos All Light Wall Sconce. Flos advertises this fixture as being suitable for outdoor use. I bought the fixture and installed it outdoors. When I bought the All Light, it was opal white in color. In less than one year, while the All Light was still under the Flos warranty, the fixture had yellowed from exposure to the sun (from the photo of the fixture you can see where the fixture yellowed versus the covered portions of the fixture that remained white). When I contacted Flos to request a replacement, Flos refused to provide one unless I paid $242.50. Of course, I refused; I had used the All Light in a manner that was consistent with the way that Flos advertised the fixture, and under terms of the warranty, they should have replaced the defective fixture. But Flos refused to do so.
Furthermore, the Flos attorney wrote to me and threatened me with litigation if I "besmirch Flos' good name on the internet, or otherwise". In other words, the Flos attorney has threatened to sue me if I wrote about my experience with Flos on this, or other, forums.
Each person can make their own decisions about whether they want to deal with companies like Flos, but my review of the Flos All Light is that it was made using polycarbonate. As I have come to learn from this experience, the problem with polycarbonate materials is that they tend to yellow from exposure to UV. Now, maybe Flos didn't know about this tendency, but from what I have seen, the tendency of polycarbonate materials to yellow from exposure to UV is a phenomenon that has been known since at least the 1980's, so it is hard for me to believe that a company like Flos would not know about this fact. But maybe they truly didn't; in which case, one can only wonder about the competence of the people at Flos the next time they want to spend thousands of dollars on a Flos lighting fixture.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lighting Products
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "HES ON CRAIGS LIST - FLOORING BY GEORGE = DEPENDABLE FLOORING ROSLINDALE FLOORING HARDWOOD SPECIALIST QN FLOORING HIS NUMBER IS 857-284-9567 I HAVE PICS I CAN SHARE I PAID A..."
- "Steve Boriss, Owner of House Doctors 509 of West County Llc., is a fraud! He did not finish our deck and came to our home and harassed my 14 year..."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."