In summary, my experience with Flos lighting products leads me to conclude that Flos sells substandard products that are promoted by marketing hype and refuses to honor the warranty when products are defective.

I bought a Flos All Light Wall Sconce. Flos advertises this fixture as being suitable for outdoor use. I bought the fixture and installed it outdoors. When I bought the All Light, it was opal white in color. In less than one year, while the All Light was still under the Flos warranty, the fixture had yellowed from exposure to the sun (from the photo of the fixture you can see where the fixture yellowed versus the covered portions of the fixture that remained white). When I contacted Flos to request a replacement, Flos refused to provide one unless I paid $242.50. Of course, I refused; I had used the All Light in a manner that was consistent with the way that Flos advertised the fixture, and under terms of the warranty, they should have replaced the defective fixture. But Flos refused to do so.

Furthermore, the Flos attorney wrote to me and threatened me with litigation if I "besmirch Flos' good name on the internet, or otherwise". In other words, the Flos attorney has threatened to sue me if I wrote about my experience with Flos on this, or other, forums.

Each person can make their own decisions about whether they want to deal with companies like Flos, but my review of the Flos All Light is that it was made using polycarbonate. As I have come to learn from this experience, the problem with polycarbonate materials is that they tend to yellow from exposure to UV. Now, maybe Flos didn't know about this tendency, but from what I have seen, the tendency of polycarbonate materials to yellow from exposure to UV is a phenomenon that has been known since at least the 1980's, so it is hard for me to believe that a company like Flos would not know about this fact. But maybe they truly didn't; in which case, one can only wonder about the competence of the people at Flos the next time they want to spend thousands of dollars on a Flos lighting fixture.

Review about: Lighting Products.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $600
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Flos?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion