Boston, Massachusetts

Update by user Sep 03, 2013

Following the review, someone at Florsheim finally woke up and decided to send a replacement shoe.Had it been done as a result of sending the original email with several detailed pictures of the defective shoe, it would have been a highly positive reflection for their principles and level of customer service.

As it turned out to be, it left a negative feeling, resulting from the multiple emails offering increasing fractional, yet insulting discounts. Customer Service shows a Company's principles and being proactive to "ASSIST" and to convey confidence in doing the "right things", rather than just reacting to public complaints to simply try and minimize bad publicity.

I would think Florsheim needs a "Public Relations-101" freshman level course to figure it all out.But thanks anyway for finally getting it right, even though it took much more effort than it should have been.

Original review posted by user Aug 02, 2013

My favorite shoe, a Florsheim casual men's shoe, suddenly had its rubber sole disintegrate by having chunks of rubber break off, making the shoe useless.It is some years old, but had very light use and is in otherwise excellent condition.

I have older shoes and never had one where the sole simply disintegrated due to age. After contacting the company's Customer Service and forwarding detailed pics of the defective shoe, I requested a replacement pair of a similar style and instead was offered a less than 50% discount for another pair.

What a company making defective products and being unwilling to stand behind them and offer a replacement when presented with the facts of the defect.- BUY YOUR SHOES from another manufacturer, Florsheim does not deserve our confidence and business.

Review about: Casual Men Shoes.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Florsheim Shoes
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $100
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Florsheim?

Comments

You must have a boring life to cause all this *** over a set of shoes you pulled out of the thrash

Carl 2014
Greenwood, Louisiana, United States #851528

I had that same style shoe I only wear them to church and keep them in their box the shoes are a year old and one day I go into the closet and get the shoes a piece on the bottom falls off and also while in church the whole side of the shoe just crumbled away so I really don't know how and why this happened but the experience was embarassing I found the same styles in a covington shoe brand an have not had that problem.

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #692356

Florsheim used to, repeat used to make excellent shoes.So did Nunn Bush.

No longer. I don't know about Florsheim but Nunn Bush and all others I have looked at are now made in Asia somewhere. They sometimes are fine but usually are cheaply made and do not hold up. I buy all my shoes at Meijer's when on clearance and never pay more than about $12 per pair.

I have a couple of dozen of various brands and styles. When one goes bad I just get another. The only US made manufacturer that I know of is Red Wing and they make work shoes, etc. No casual shoes, I believe.

Good luck. Buy by price and style, not brand. None can be trusted anymore. I have a brand new pair of Nunn Bush that I only wore for a month or so and the leather is now flaking off, coming apart, etc.

Total junk.You never know.