Beware of Tim Jones at Floors To Go Boca Raton
What can I say about Tim Jones of Floors to Go Boca Raton? He's a nice guy, very warm and inviting when you are shopping for flooring. But, that's where his concern stops.
Too not bore you with details, here is a summary of our experience (by the way, we are in the process of filing a law suit against Floors to Go Boca Raton - so you know how this ends).
* We paid for flooring, which we found out later we were grossly overcharged for.
* Tim sent an inexperienced installer to perform the work.
* The installer charged us extra to level the uneven sub-floor (which is standard process).
* The installer left major gaps and uneven areas throughout the floor.
* We contacted Tim about the issues and refused to pay the remaining balance until it was addressed.
* It took Tim 30 days to come out and look at our floors.
* Tim tried to pass it off as a manufacturing issue, not due to installation problems.
* We hired an independent flooring inspector for an impartial analysis.
* Flooring inspector said it was, in fact, an installation issue & the floors would have to be replaced and properly leveled.
* Tim hired his own inspector (after 30 days of prodding).
* His inspector couldn't tell us his findings, but we could infer that he came to the same conclusion.
* When asked about the 2nd inspection report, Tim told us, he couldn't send it to us because it was full of, (get this) "technical grammar".
So, long story short, we are forced to take him to court to have this resolved. My recommendation to families having hardwood floors installed for the first time, hire a reputable installer vs going to a company that sells flooring and provides their own contractor. This way, you will have more control of the situation.
And by all means, Stay Away from Floors To Go Boca Raton.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Columbia Wood Flooring
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We redid our kitchen August 2014 and chose Wolf because of price and we liked the look of the sample cabinet in the showroom. They seemed well made, but now..."
- "Marvin Windows are ***. Window's 11 years old have rotted frames. I've had a Marvin installer inspect the installation and was told that they were installed correctly. Not only has..."
- "I purchased a metal frame building from Versa Tube, which their engineers designed for the area of Minnesota I live in. The building collapsed! I purchased a VersaTube metal frame..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "Found professional full color ad on my car that stated 'kitchen remodeling cabinets and handyman repairs with pictures of new home cabinets.' I made appointment. Two young men came..."
- "My husband and I upgraded to better seats yesterday on a flight from Denver to Ft Lauderdale. We upgraded at the Denver airport at the United Airlines help desk. We..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."