Beware of Tim Jones at Floors To Go Boca Raton
What can I say about Tim Jones of Floors to Go Boca Raton? He's a nice guy, very warm and inviting when you are shopping for flooring. But, that's where his concern stops.
Too not bore you with details, here is a summary of our experience (by the way, we are in the process of filing a law suit against Floors to Go Boca Raton - so you know how this ends).
* We paid for flooring, which we found out later we were grossly overcharged for.
* Tim sent an inexperienced installer to perform the work.
* The installer charged us extra to level the uneven sub-floor (which is standard process).
* The installer left major gaps and uneven areas throughout the floor.
* We contacted Tim about the issues and refused to pay the remaining balance until it was addressed.
* It took Tim 30 days to come out and look at our floors.
* Tim tried to pass it off as a manufacturing issue, not due to installation problems.
* We hired an independent flooring inspector for an impartial analysis.
* Flooring inspector said it was, in fact, an installation issue & the floors would have to be replaced and properly leveled.
* Tim hired his own inspector (after 30 days of prodding).
* His inspector couldn't tell us his findings, but we could infer that he came to the same conclusion.
* When asked about the 2nd inspection report, Tim told us, he couldn't send it to us because it was full of, (get this) "technical grammar".
So, long story short, we are forced to take him to court to have this resolved. My recommendation to families having hardwood floors installed for the first time, hire a reputable installer vs going to a company that sells flooring and provides their own contractor. This way, you will have more control of the situation.
And by all means, Stay Away from Floors To Go Boca Raton.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Columbia Wood Flooring
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Two months ago we ordered a Marvin Ultimate Sliding French Door, supposedly the best of the best on the market. In fact, 10 years ago we ordered the same door..."
- "We built a new house & moved in at the end of October 2014. Our deck sat through the winter with no stain or sealant, it seems like the..."
- "I had a GutterHelmet dealer replace the gutters on my house 3 1/2 years ago. They are now laying on the ground. The dealer is now out of business (no..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "My husband and I upgraded to better seats yesterday on a flight from Denver to Ft Lauderdale. We upgraded at the Denver airport at the United Airlines help desk. We..."
- "I contacted Live chat customer service after 1.5 hours of chat still no resolution. Gravely disappointed! Unacceptable "customer service" received damaged broken headboard. Since the frame is metal and a..."
- "Got sofa sectional delivered and it was crooked in the back. They sent out two separate replacements... same thing. They assured Us a supervisor would inspect the sofa piece prior..."