Beware of Tim Jones at Floors To Go Boca Raton
What can I say about Tim Jones of Floors to Go Boca Raton? He's a nice guy, very warm and inviting when you are shopping for flooring. But, that's where his concern stops.
Too not bore you with details, here is a summary of our experience (by the way, we are in the process of filing a law suit against Floors to Go Boca Raton - so you know how this ends).
* We paid for flooring, which we found out later we were grossly overcharged for.
* Tim sent an inexperienced installer to perform the work.
* The installer charged us extra to level the uneven sub-floor (which is standard process).
* The installer left major gaps and uneven areas throughout the floor.
* We contacted Tim about the issues and refused to pay the remaining balance until it was addressed.
* It took Tim 30 days to come out and look at our floors.
* Tim tried to pass it off as a manufacturing issue, not due to installation problems.
* We hired an independent flooring inspector for an impartial analysis.
* Flooring inspector said it was, in fact, an installation issue & the floors would have to be replaced and properly leveled.
* Tim hired his own inspector (after 30 days of prodding).
* His inspector couldn't tell us his findings, but we could infer that he came to the same conclusion.
* When asked about the 2nd inspection report, Tim told us, he couldn't send it to us because it was full of, (get this) "technical grammar".
So, long story short, we are forced to take him to court to have this resolved. My recommendation to families having hardwood floors installed for the first time, hire a reputable installer vs going to a company that sells flooring and provides their own contractor. This way, you will have more control of the situation.
And by all means, Stay Away from Floors To Go Boca Raton.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Columbia Wood Flooring
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "Bought 2 Maxim Lighting exterior lighting fixtures through ATG Stores. Beautiful fixtures and durable per the description. $170 per light. Got the first 2. Noticed that the engineering drawing didn't..."
- "Leaf filter installed today and I'm already ticked off. Had to haul off the garbage that the contractor left behind. They used two different screens, one of which..."
- "I contacted Live chat customer service after 1.5 hours of chat still no resolution. Gravely disappointed! Unacceptable "customer service" received damaged broken headboard. Since the frame is metal and a..."
- "Got sofa sectional delivered and it was crooked in the back. They sent out two separate replacements... same thing. They assured Us a supervisor would inspect the sofa piece prior..."
- "Found professional full color ad on my car that stated 'kitchen remodeling cabinets and handyman repairs with pictures of new home cabinets.' I made appointment. Two young men came..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."