Beware of Tim Jones at Floors To Go Boca Raton
What can I say about Tim Jones of Floors to Go Boca Raton? He's a nice guy, very warm and inviting when you are shopping for flooring. But, that's where his concern stops.
Too not bore you with details, here is a summary of our experience (by the way, we are in the process of filing a law suit against Floors to Go Boca Raton - so you know how this ends).
* We paid for flooring, which we found out later we were grossly overcharged for.
* Tim sent an inexperienced installer to perform the work.
* The installer charged us extra to level the uneven sub-floor (which is standard process).
* The installer left major gaps and uneven areas throughout the floor.
* We contacted Tim about the issues and refused to pay the remaining balance until it was addressed.
* It took Tim 30 days to come out and look at our floors.
* Tim tried to pass it off as a manufacturing issue, not due to installation problems.
* We hired an independent flooring inspector for an impartial analysis.
* Flooring inspector said it was, in fact, an installation issue & the floors would have to be replaced and properly leveled.
* Tim hired his own inspector (after 30 days of prodding).
* His inspector couldn't tell us his findings, but we could infer that he came to the same conclusion.
* When asked about the 2nd inspection report, Tim told us, he couldn't send it to us because it was full of, (get this) "technical grammar".
So, long story short, we are forced to take him to court to have this resolved. My recommendation to families having hardwood floors installed for the first time, hire a reputable installer vs going to a company that sells flooring and provides their own contractor. This way, you will have more control of the situation.
And by all means, Stay Away from Floors To Go Boca Raton.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Columbia Wood Flooring
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "These door are bull ***...i paid 400 dollars for. A SECURITY door that had a 1000 break in warranty. ..beware they only cover if they burglars break threw the glass....they..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "We had Congoleum Duraceramic tiles professionally installed in our kitchen seven years ago and after two years noticed white wear marks in areas. A dropped fork can dent tile. We..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "Found professional full color ad on my car that stated 'kitchen remodeling cabinets and handyman repairs with pictures of new home cabinets.' I made appointment. Two young men came..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "Got sofa sectional delivered and it was crooked in the back. They sent out two separate replacements... same thing. They assured Us a supervisor would inspect the sofa piece prior..."