Beware of Tim Jones at Floors To Go Boca Raton

1 of 1 Floors To Go reviews

What can I say about Tim Jones of Floors to Go Boca Raton? He's a nice guy, very warm and inviting when you are shopping for flooring. But, that's where his concern stops.

Too not bore you with details, here is a summary of our experience (by the way, we are in the process of filing a law suit against Floors to Go Boca Raton - so you know how this ends).

* We paid for flooring, which we found out later we were grossly overcharged for.

* Tim sent an inexperienced installer to perform the work.

* The installer charged us extra to level the uneven sub-floor (which is standard process).

* The installer left major gaps and uneven areas throughout the floor.

* We contacted Tim about the issues and refused to pay the remaining balance until it was addressed.

* It took Tim 30 days to come out and look at our floors.

* Tim tried to pass it off as a manufacturing issue, not due to installation problems.

* We hired an independent flooring inspector for an impartial analysis.

* Flooring inspector said it was, in fact, an installation issue & the floors would have to be replaced and properly leveled.

* Tim hired his own inspector (after 30 days of prodding).

* His inspector couldn't tell us his findings, but we could infer that he came to the same conclusion.

* When asked about the 2nd inspection report, Tim told us, he couldn't send it to us because it was full of, (get this) "technical grammar".

So, long story short, we are forced to take him to court to have this resolved. My recommendation to families having hardwood floors installed for the first time, hire a reputable installer vs going to a company that sells flooring and provides their own contractor. This way, you will have more control of the situation.

And by all means, Stay Away from Floors To Go Boca Raton.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Columbia Wood Flooring
Review category
Building Products
review #689394

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Floors To Go? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Floors To Go reviews
Jacqulyn Powell

Feb 01 #1279862

Hello,
My name is Jacqulyn Powell. I'm a reporter with WPTV Channel 5 in West Palm Beach. We're doing a story on faulty installations by Floors to Go in Boca Raton. I saw your review on Yelp, and even though it was more than a year ago, I'm wondering if you would be willing to speak more with me about your experience. If you're interested, my phone number is (561) 718-5950 and my email address is jacqulyn.powell@wptv.com.
Jacqulyn

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.