Rental owners be aware FlipKey/Trip Advisor wont hold back damage deposits.

32 of 232 Flipkey reviews

I am living in Denmark and I have an apartment in Lagos Algarve Portugal which I am renting out through FlipKey/TripAdvisor. 2 weeks ago I received an e-mail from the apartment administration office in Lagos telling me my renters had spoiled the main entrance door to the building, and the police had been involved and made a report.

After the administration had repaired the door I received another e-mail telling me the amount I had to pay for the damage.

I then contacted FlipKey/TripAdvisor with the damage reports I had received from Lagos, see the attached e-mail copy, and told them to hold back a part of the damage deposit. As a result TripAdvisor told me they could not accept the report because in their eyes it was not an official report !!!, and I would get no damage deposit from the renters. It was the only official report I could get within 7 days, which is the time limit for holding back a damage deposit.

Further more FlipKey/TripAdvisor gives you no change to find out in advance if your renters are decent persons or a bunch of hooligans.

My advice: House owners, stay far away from FlipKey/TripAdvisor.

Niels Pedersen.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #872564
Had an experience with Flipkey? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
32 of 232 Flipkey reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Flipkey.
Filing a new complaint about
×