I hate to diss a great company.Fleetwood has a beautiful product line.
However, we went to look at the 2012's that had just arrived in Hammond, LA this past weekend. We were planning to buy a Mercedes Diesel chassis Tioga Ranger DSL. The door knobs were falling off, the paneling was buckled, the motorhome shimmied and swayed down the road. It was just not a quality finished product.
So, we looked at a Fleetwood Tioga gas 31M and fell in love. It seemed to have been assembled much better and the drive was GREAT. It had 1025 miles on it when we left the dealership and were headed back to Arkansas, when the engine started making a God-awful knocking sound and we were stranded between Arkansas and Louisiana. We had driven our car and had a friend with us.
So, after spending almost $100K on a new Fleetwood Class C, we went back to Arkansas empty-handed. The FORD V10 Triton had bought it and the motorhome had to be towed to Mississippi to the closest Ford Warranty service center. Talk about a nightmare!! We try to buy AMERICAN MADE products.
We want to help get our country going again. HOW can AMERICANS afford to buy AMERICAN when the quality of workmanship is SO ROTTEN. FORD should have taken some of that stimulus package and used it for product development. Our FORD engine is going to have to be pulled because there was no fault code, no check engine light on when this happened.
It has the technicians baffled. The only thing they can do is tear into the thing and try to find the problem. Now, if the engine is severely damaged, Ford will RE_BUILD the engine under warranty. Just what we all want!!!
A brand New Motor home with a RE_BUILT FORD engine. Thanks FORD. THANKS FLEETWOOD !!! OHHHHHH, I would like to add that when they lifted the motor home up to tow it, 35 gallons of water poured out.
The water tank had a HUGE leak !!
THIS is another FLEETWOOD piece of ***.THEY need to fire their QUALITY DEPARTMENT !!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tioga 31M
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "Such shoddy materials. Bottles breaks simply by opening them . They leak all over everything . I lost nine bottles of liquid while traveling because they leaked. It is ***...."
- "I ordered my husband and my ring from here... My ring has arrived but my husbands has not... Yes i only paid $129 for my ring but it looks like..."
- "When paying my monthly bill, normal screens have a date to pay selection. When clicked on, usually the due date is highlighted. After getting a late charge in November 2012..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."