I hate to diss a great company.Fleetwood has a beautiful product line.
However, we went to look at the 2012's that had just arrived in Hammond, LA this past weekend. We were planning to buy a Mercedes Diesel chassis Tioga Ranger DSL. The door knobs were falling off, the paneling was buckled, the motorhome shimmied and swayed down the road. It was just not a quality finished product.
So, we looked at a Fleetwood Tioga gas 31M and fell in love. It seemed to have been assembled much better and the drive was GREAT. It had 1025 miles on it when we left the dealership and were headed back to Arkansas, when the engine started making a God-awful knocking sound and we were stranded between Arkansas and Louisiana. We had driven our car and had a friend with us.
So, after spending almost $100K on a new Fleetwood Class C, we went back to Arkansas empty-handed. The FORD V10 Triton had bought it and the motorhome had to be towed to Mississippi to the closest Ford Warranty service center. Talk about a nightmare!! We try to buy AMERICAN MADE products.
We want to help get our country going again. HOW can AMERICANS afford to buy AMERICAN when the quality of workmanship is SO ROTTEN. FORD should have taken some of that stimulus package and used it for product development. Our FORD engine is going to have to be pulled because there was no fault code, no check engine light on when this happened.
It has the technicians baffled. The only thing they can do is tear into the thing and try to find the problem. Now, if the engine is severely damaged, Ford will RE_BUILD the engine under warranty. Just what we all want!!!
A brand New Motor home with a RE_BUILT FORD engine. Thanks FORD. THANKS FLEETWOOD !!! OHHHHHH, I would like to add that when they lifted the motor home up to tow it, 35 gallons of water poured out.
The water tank had a HUGE leak !!
THIS is another FLEETWOOD piece of ***.THEY need to fire their QUALITY DEPARTMENT !!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tioga 31M
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "We took our 2012 Outback to Camping World in Katy TX to have an additional AC installed. Having just one AC didn't cut it. We dropped of our travel traler..."
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "For those of you with Fleetwood camping issues, check the news...FTCA in Somerset, PA has closed it's doors! No warning was issued to the 300+ FTCA direct dealers, parts..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "Ordered a 5x7 canvas print. The canvas was 5x7 but the print was 4x6 Tried numerous times to fill out the online complaint for CVS customer service and it would..."
- "I ordered my husband and my ring from here... My ring has arrived but my husbands has not... Yes i only paid $129 for my ring but it looks like..."
- "TERRIBLE!! I sold my home and didn't buy another one. I cannot get them to disconnect the service at my old address. I don't have a house to transfer service..."