1999 Fleetwood Rv Discovery Rv Review from New Jersey, United States
I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery.Its a very popular layout.
I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak problrms, origional roof with Liquid Rubber coating 1 coat 6 years ago roof looks good no replacement necessary another coat of liquid roof shud make it as new. All the Freightliner Problems i had i was able to fix myself.
W minimum amout of tools. No RV problems at all. All cleaned and waxed up looks showroom new. I hav not replaced any appiences all origional.
Leveling system origional no major breakdowns on road. Actually none but i stay on top of it. The latest is pinholes in radiator which i will yank out myself for recore. Ive spent total since nearly new 12000 in parts labor i did.
From what ive read 3 Co mpaies have bought up most major RV companies during 4 dollar diesel cost crises. Now seems older units are better built then new. They dont seem to be using commercial Freightliner Chassis and interior work seems poor. My 99 seems to be holding at 35k in value.
I hav never been in dealer shop. I hear quality of work stinks. Never been to Cummins they run 500k miles w shell rotella every 9k miles or better. Allison trans changed to synthetic oil thats it.
Have 90k miles stored outdoors.Cud use a replacement of carpet on heavy walk way only.
More Review Details
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "This company sends a "VEHICLE ALERT NOTICE" in the mail, urging recent car buyers to call the number provided within 5 business days. They try to get you to make a..."
- "I hate to diss a great company. Fleetwood has a beautiful product line. However, we went to look at the 2012's that had just arrived in Hammond, LA this..."
- "So, just bought this fifth wheel.keystone sprinter 324fwbhs I wanted an all seasons for the hot months and cold months. They have a sticker posted on the left next to..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- " An agent in the front office brags how she had 5 pit bulls removed in 4 years working here. I told her she has much more to..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."