Five Star Painting - Cabinet painting

7 of 22 Five Star Painting reviews

Horrible experience with painting my cabinets.First of all, the cabinets were dull, then after touching cabinets and opening doors after a week or so (I can't recall exactly as I'm just getting time to do this review), the paint began chipping around the handles.

Very sloppy job!!!!

They do have a 2 year warranty, however the contractor didn't present it to me. The warantee is contingent upon you paying at completion of the job; thus I refused to pay until the cabinets were redone, so that forfeited my warantee. I also gave him a down payment in December and couldn't get him back to do the work until March.

It's not worth it!!Bad company!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #903248

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Five Star Painting? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
7 of 22 Five Star Painting reviews

Dec 13, 2016 #1254856

If I read this complaint as a consumer, I would think that there must be something more to this or maybe this complaint lacks truth.
Here are the facts:
1. The project was quoted on 12/2/15. The customer decided to move forward, sign the contract, and provide a deposit 2/15/16. We quoted for the project to begin in 3-4 weeks, thus we started the project in March.
2. The customer was not satisfied with the sheen. Sherwin Williams ProClassic Satin Acrylic paint was used for this project's topcoat. We offered to create a new contract at a value of $0 to re-coat the cabinets at a Gloss or Semi-gloss sheen once she paid the open balance.
3. All of our projects come with a warranty. A copy of our warranty is provided to every single customer at the time the order is placed in the job folder.
4. The warranty is only valid on a project that has been paid. A company cannot be expected to provide warranty work on a project without ever being compensated for the work completed. 5. A cabinet paint project will take 21 days to fully cure out. If a chip occurs, the specified area can be sanded, re-primed and touched up. We were more than willing to take care of the chips pictured. There is not a need to strip all of the cabinets and start over. 6. Four separate appointments were set to meet the customer at her home to take a look at the chips to resolve and every time we showed up, the customer wasn't home. 7. Customer would only answer from
... Show more

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Five Star Painting.
Filing a new complaint about
×