Columbus, Ohio
12.6K views 44 comments

Update by user May 09, 2013

Fischer Homes was very responsive to our concerns and we were able to work things out with them to both our satisfaction and theirs. It was refreshing to see and work with an organization who listens to their customers issues and work on resolving them to everyone's satisfaction. I've asked for this complaint to be removed as everything has been resolved but in the meantime, we'd like everyone to know we were very pleased with Fischer's response to our issues.

Original review posted by user May 14, 2012

DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT purchase a home from Fischer Homes.They will lie to your face and go back on their word.

And especially DO NOT purchase a home from Kristin Collins at Margies Cove in Grove City Ohio. Long story short (although I'm more than willing to elaborate so if you'd like all the details please message me), my husband and I purchased a new home from them. We provided them with a modest deposit for holding the lot, etc. and we were assured by Kristin (on multiple occasions) that we would receive our deposit back from them as long as we did not sign off on final selections.

A few personal changes occurred and we needed to cancel building our home. We DID NOT sign off on final selections yet we've been told we will not receive our money back even though this was what was promised to us. Even as recent as this evening, I was told by Bill, Kristin's manager that Kristin told him that she never said that. Kristin knows that she told my husband and I (again, on multiple occasions) that we would be returned our money as long as we did not sign off on our final selections.

I informed Bill that I would be going public with this story on Facebook, twitter, the better business bureau, angies list, yelp, etc. if we were not returned our money. He stated that they do not respond to threats and that he was fine with me posting this information across the web (I have to wonder if his boss was comfortable with the fact that he okayed me posting this message and many more). I also stated that I was shocked that they would rather have this bad press out there than return our money.

They must badly need the small amount we gave them. Therefore, with Bill's ok, I plan to make this a very public statement and warn all consumers. If you are considering purchasing a home with Fischer, you really shouldn't. They will lie to your face, they will go back on their word, and they will call you a liar on top of it (as he told me, he believes what Kristin is telling him which is basically saying, he doesn't believe what I'm saying).

Since my above complaint, Fischer Homes is unwilling to do anything and we've posted on every social media site imaginable including filing a complaint with the BBB and the local media outlets.

Fischer Homes has now removed my post from their Facebook page a couple of times and have now even blocked me from their site.What a joke of a company and I want as many people as possible to know they should NEVER buy a home with this company!!!

Review about: New Build.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Fischer Homes?

Comments

#1120645

Interesting, Kristin Collins works for M/I homes now, she left Fisher Homes last year because all the complaints towards her. She will steal your money and will lie in your face, tipical behaviour from her to receive a commission.

Former Ky resident
Calhoun, Georgia, United States #1116108

Henry Fischer was using illegals to build their homes...the same thing is happening with all builders...they want the cheap labor...

We bought a Fisher home in Lebanon, Ohio.the customer service was AWFUL.

When my husband commented, this is the one thing we will ever spend the most money on in our lifetime, we should be able to get decent customer service-the response was-"We treat all of our customers this way, no matter how much they are spending on their house!" We still are shocked and laugh at how revealing that comment was even today-8 years later!

Run away from this company!! Your house will fall apart in the first 3-4 years... It happened to me!

I had terrible problems also. I would never buy anything from them again

none
#1019713

I had worst experience in the beginning itself (as soon as I signed the contract).

The behavior for sale person changed and no proper support.

Good to know. I was going to look at their condo's in Northern Ky.

Not now

McNik grad

Ted Fischer is not owner of Fischer Homes.Nor is Greg Fischer owner.

If you have a complaint with Henry Fischer Homes and are not getting it resolved to your satisfaction, contact Henry Fischer. He will resolve as best he can within the confines of your contract and sometimes outside your contract.

You will never meet a more honest and generous businessman.I have known him since he was a baby.

to McNik grad #1092966

Yeah... And you most likely work for this crooked and dishonest company.

to Anonymous New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #1240547