First Choice Emergency Room (FCER) $10,000 charge for 1.5 hour visit
First Choice Emergency Centre Haslet, TX beside the Pizza Hut on 287 & Avondale Haslet (near the new Walmart). I just received the bill and did a bit of online research, and I should have read the online reviews before going. I just called them @ 855-694-6452 (www.peryourhealth.com), and Sherry (in billing) informed me that the women that checked us in that night "should have informed us that the cost would be much higher due to the fact they are an Emergency Room facility." I thought the woman that checked us in First Choice Emergency Room Haslet was incredibly helpful and friendly, and I'm not sure she would be entirely excited that her own company just threw her under the bus. An hour and a half visit = $10,000 charge to our insurance company. I called our insurance co (Blue Cross) and the woman warned us this company is known for overcharging patients.
From a Fort Worth Star Telegram article:
"Yet there is a growing backlash to the lucrative medical facilities, where sprained ankles, stitches and other simple procedures can cost upward of $1,000. They have drawn angry complaints on Yelp and Ripoffreport.com. And health insurer Aetna is suing two ER centers in Texas, alleging fraud." See entire article here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article3868661.html
My son had a CT scan $3,562.00
Image review was $268.00
Morphine Injection $5.00
Ondansetron pill $52.00
Office visit $6,549.00!! for 1.5 hours!
Talked to the Dr for 15 min, had a CT scan (which I can understand charges to be higher) but $6549.00 for consulting w/Dr. We should have gone to a CareNow Urgent care, which has given us great service in the past, and very fair billing.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Gross overbilling
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I went to the clinic to have SIX old veneers changed because over time they had discolored, nothing was wrong with my teeth otherwise. Dr. Arzate advised to do eight..."
- "Good afternoon, my name is Oxana Donahoe. I want to share the horrible experience about clinic visit Aspen Dental to the address: 1401 North Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704. We..."
- "I'm attaching a letter from the Privacy Compliance Program Manager NCAL Regional Compliance & Privacy Office of Kaiser Permanente. They have gone into my Kaiser online Secure Member email & removed..."
- "My mother had her right breast removed n 2 lymph nodes of cancer. I'm in Killeen/Ft.Hood, Texas n she was in the hospital at Elkins, West Virginia. I called evenin..."
- "This place is so unclean. Had dirty marks all over. The door looked like it was just broken into. No chain lock. I tried to give the room..."
- "I ordered two tops that looked expensive in the picture. I ordered them to go to work on casual days, very nice casual business attire, what I received were low..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."