Killeen, Texas

First Choice Emergency Centre Haslet, TX beside the Pizza Hut on 287 & Avondale Haslet (near the new Walmart). I just received the bill and did a bit of online research, and I should have read the online reviews before going. I just called them @ 855-694-6452 (www.peryourhealth.com), and Sherry (in billing) informed me that the women that checked us in that night "should have informed us that the cost would be much higher due to the fact they are an Emergency Room facility." I thought the woman that checked us in First Choice Emergency Room Haslet was incredibly helpful and friendly, and I'm not sure she would be entirely excited that her own company just threw her under the bus. An hour and a half visit = $10,000 charge to our insurance company. I called our insurance co (Blue Cross) and the woman warned us this company is known for overcharging patients.

From a Fort Worth Star Telegram article:

"Yet there is a growing backlash to the lucrative medical facilities, where sprained ankles, stitches and other simple procedures can cost upward of $1,000. They have drawn angry complaints on Yelp and Ripoffreport.com. And health insurer Aetna is suing two ER centers in Texas, alleging fraud." See entire article here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article3868661.html

My son had a CT scan $3,562.00

Image review was $268.00

Morphine Injection $5.00

Ondansetron pill $52.00

Office visit $6,549.00!! for 1.5 hours!

Talked to the Dr for 15 min, had a CT scan (which I can understand charges to be higher) but $6549.00 for consulting w/Dr. We should have gone to a CareNow Urgent care, which has given us great service in the past, and very fair billing.

Review about: Health Care.

I didn't like: Gross overbilling.

1.2
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with First Choice Emergency Room?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.