First Choice Emergency Room (FCER) $10,000 charge for 1.5 hour visit
First Choice Emergency Centre Haslet, TX beside the Pizza Hut on 287 & Avondale Haslet (near the new Walmart). I just received the bill and did a bit of online research, and I should have read the online reviews before going. I just called them @ 855-694-6452 (www.peryourhealth.com), and Sherry (in billing) informed me that the women that checked us in that night "should have informed us that the cost would be much higher due to the fact they are an Emergency Room facility." I thought the woman that checked us in First Choice Emergency Room Haslet was incredibly helpful and friendly, and I'm not sure she would be entirely excited that her own company just threw her under the bus. An hour and a half visit = $10,000 charge to our insurance company. I called our insurance co (Blue Cross) and the woman warned us this company is known for overcharging patients.
From a Fort Worth Star Telegram article:
"Yet there is a growing backlash to the lucrative medical facilities, where sprained ankles, stitches and other simple procedures can cost upward of $1,000. They have drawn angry complaints on Yelp and Ripoffreport.com. And health insurer Aetna is suing two ER centers in Texas, alleging fraud." See entire article here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article3868661.html
My son had a CT scan $3,562.00
Image review was $268.00
Morphine Injection $5.00
Ondansetron pill $52.00
Office visit $6,549.00!! for 1.5 hours!
Talked to the Dr for 15 min, had a CT scan (which I can understand charges to be higher) but $6549.00 for consulting w/Dr. We should have gone to a CareNow Urgent care, which has given us great service in the past, and very fair billing.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Gross overbilling
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am 23 year old female with good health. I still have all 4 wisdom teeth. The morning of 8/5/2011 at 3am I woke up with a mouth full of..."
- "If you were or still are a member of Kaiser & you had an appointment on January 19, 2012 it is most likely that someone else received your medical information..."
- "I had my dentures reline At affordable denture in gainville fl. They messed up 5,000 $$$ denture . The dentures are now a mess they shaved my porcelain teeth by..."
- "First off the guys that came to clean the carpet were very nice, but the process for cleaning is terrible...the first thing they say is the carpet might still look..."
- "This place is so unclean. Had dirty marks all over. The door looked like it was just broken into. No chain lock. I tried to give the room..."
- "I went to get a root canal about a year ago my friend showed me a missing tooth and explained they got a root canal at monarch as well and..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."