First American Home Warranty - First American Does Not Care

166 of 388 First American Home Warranty reviews

I contacted first american a week ago because I stepped onto a wet carpet in my bedroom.My hot water tank located behind a panel in my closet was rusted out at the bottom and leaking.

I have had to shut my water off at the street because my hot water tank does not have a shut off valve. I have been without water in my home for 4 days. In order to function I have to buy water as well as fill up containers and bowls after turning the water back on at my home for a few minutes.

First American sent out one of the worst plumbing companies in the area who diagnosed the problem and went MIA.

A representative at First American told me my problem was not an emergency. A 2nd company was sent out and First Am would not pay their fee. The guy was in the middle of the job and told me he could not continue. I am working with a 3rd plumbing company and they told me it would take at least another 4-5 days before a new hot water heater could be installed because First Am has to purchase it.

In one week, I have spoken to at lease 8 different reps at First Am and only one was kind enough to try and help me.No one should have to go a week or longer without water.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Service Scheduling

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Way my service request was mishandled

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Fahw Water Heater Replacement
Review category
Household Services
review #734194

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with First American Home Warranty? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
166 of 388 First American Home Warranty reviews

Dec 14, 2015 #1078636

Issue resolved

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about First American Home Warranty.
Filing a new complaint about
×