Los Angeles, California

December 2015, we purchased 8 new hardwire/combo detectors from big box store to replaced in apartment building units. Within 6 months, the new detectors started chirping. We replaced batteries, nothing worked.

I called First Alert customer service August 2016 and was told units manufactured before May 2011 had expiration dates of 5 years from date of manufacture.

So, big box stores were selling near end shelf life of product that should have been pulled and NOT sold. First Alert will not help me because I cannot produce receipt (which was submitted for 2015 tax filing). We are out nearly $350 which does not sit well with me.

I didn't like: Customer service unhelpful.

2.0
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Product sold was at its end of shelf life / $350
Preferred solution Send 8 replacement untis

Had an Experience with First Alert?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Lorex - Internal Photographs of LBV2723B Lorex "We had intruder spot and take out a Lorex LBV2723B bullet camera. The camera was left behind, but there was damage to the wiring harness - it had been pulled..." Read more Monitronics - FIRE AND CARBON MONOXIDE MONITORING Monitronics "My mother had this service and paid almost $100.00 per month. Her house caught fire in January 2015, sadly the system failed. There is no record of Monitronics ever contacting..." Read more Lorex - Terrible Company, beware Lorex "This is exactly the same problem I am having but in addition when I tried to cancel after a week they said I couldn't because of the speed that the..." Read more AlarmMonitoringServices.com is a fraudulent company. AlarmMonitoringService " STAY AWAY FROM SCAMMERS. Alarmmonitoringservices.com is a fraudulent company. We did a chargeback becuase they kept billing us after we cancelled their "service" and is...no service and they suck...." Read more Bids Dot Com - Bids.com liars and scammers Bids Dot Com "Bids.com is a online auction platform, based here: 659 S Broadway Suite #813 Los Angeles, CA 90014 You can buy coins and bet on items and even cash. I have..." Read more Pepsi - Cans not fully Pepsi "I buy Pepsi like it was going out of world don't like to drink other sodas. Lately when I but Pepsi 12 packs and even the24 packs some of the..." Read more Living Spaces VIP Protection Plan is a SCAM Living Spaces "I have a similar problem with Living Spaces VIP protection plan. I bought a Summit Space Saver Bed last November. The horizontal wood holding the bed cracked hence because of..." Read more IHerb, you blew it! Iherb "A can of salmon blew up all over my entire order, and there was a second can crushed in on the side. iHerb put the leaking, stinky box into a..." Read more