First Alert - "Expired" shelf life for combo smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
December 2015, we purchased 8 new hardwire/combo detectors from big box store to replaced in apartment building units. Within 6 months, the new detectors started chirping. We replaced batteries, nothing worked.
I called First Alert customer service August 2016 and was told units manufactured before May 2011 had expiration dates of 5 years from date of manufacture.
So, big box stores were selling near end shelf life of product that should have been pulled and NOT sold. First Alert will not help me because I cannot produce receipt (which was submitted for 2015 tax filing). We are out nearly $350 which does not sit well with me.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service unhelpful
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "The system was installed in January 2014, failed in March 2014. I phoned them repeatedly, waited 2 weeks each time for inspection. Each time they found nothing wrong..."
- "Vivint just rebrands Linear's 2GIG then acts as though it and the alarm.com back end is theirs when in reality they do a *** poor job installing the 2GIG system..."
- "Beware SNAKETOUCH. A 60 ft oak tree fell on my house and the alarm NEVER went off. Ever. The tree demolished three (3) rooms of my home and Safetouch never..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "I order a dog and uship pet courier delivery killed my dog and scammed me with money and wanted more money if I don't give it to them I will..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "...This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."