First Alert - "Expired" shelf life for combo smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
December 2015, we purchased 8 new hardwire/combo detectors from big box store to replaced in apartment building units. Within 6 months, the new detectors started chirping. We replaced batteries, nothing worked.
I called First Alert customer service August 2016 and was told units manufactured before May 2011 had expiration dates of 5 years from date of manufacture.
So, big box stores were selling near end shelf life of product that should have been pulled and NOT sold. First Alert will not help me because I cannot produce receipt (which was submitted for 2015 tax filing). We are out nearly $350 which does not sit well with me.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service unhelpful
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We had intruder spot and take out a Lorex LBV2723B bullet camera. The camera was left behind, but there was damage to the wiring harness - it had been pulled..."
- "The system was installed in January 2014, failed in March 2014. I phoned them repeatedly, waited 2 weeks each time for inspection. Each time they found nothing wrong..."
- "I have been a loyal ADT customer for over 20 years. On December 13, 2016, my alarm went off early in the morning. It was a false alarm. I called..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "At Walmart on Fallbrook in Woodland Hills, Ca. I have to bag my own things as the checker just stands their. The check stand in the back is..."
- "Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews. I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative..."
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."