I have published some personal things with the disclamier of being copy righted name of book and year of copy right, that were published in my family history books on memorials that I created only to be stolen by someone clicking, copying and re posting as if it were their own information.When asking the person who stole the information to please take it down you get really nasty answers calling you names.

This is not a safe place to post stories about your family members, who knows where they will end up.

I find it interesting that the thief responds by calling you names making the situation even worse.I am in the process of taking down all copy written material.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Other / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Find A Grave?

Submit review

Comments

Dedicated Graver

You said "I have published some personal things with the disclamier of being copy righted name of book and year of copy right, that were published in my family history books on memorials that I created"

Do you mean you wrote the pieces yourself?That's the only way you can claim copyright.

You said "stolen by someone clicking, copying and re posting as if it were their own information."

Where was the material reposted?

If it was on another Ancestry owned site, that is allowed by their (Find A Grave and their owner Ancestry) Terms of Service.If it was posted on a site NOT owned by Ancestry, there are ways to get it removed by contacting the site owner.

skip

I hear you friend!There are some very mentally sick people who hangout on this website daily!

Big Time Troublemakers!!!I have had the same approach as you with an unstable person there and mean to the bone!