Verified Reviewer

Update by user Aug 27, 2021

Contacted Fiat USA customer service. Gave me a process to reboot my communication system.

Tried the process a number of times, but didn't work. Sent results to Belinda, Fiat Customer Care and her response was there was nothing further they could do until Fiat Tech tested and approved the A-71 Samsung. I questioned once again when that would take place, and the answer was the same. Customer Care wasn't able to find out.

It still bothers me that the A-71 Samsung works perfectly in my 2018 Alfa Romero Lusso (their brand) but not in the Fiat Spyder.Today, I just sent a letter to Mr. Mike Manley, CEO Fiat USA to see if he can get my issue resolved.

I'll let you know when or if I get a response from Mr. Manley.

Original review posted by user Jul 28, 2021

A couple of months ago, I change cell carriers to T-Mobile and purchased a new phone-Samsung A-71 5g. Upon using the phone in my Spider, it will not bring up my contacts nor history on my screen.

As you can realize, it does not make for safe driving without these functions available.

I paired and unpaired and paired and unpaired the phone numerous times to no avail. I took it back to T-Mobile. We changed out the phone-still no correction. I took it to my Fiat dealer-same result.

The strange thing is I also own a 2018 Alfa Romero Lusso and all functions work perfectly with the A-71.

Finally, I called your customer service, and they told me that my model was not on the approved list of phones. I asked when it might be approved, and they couldn't answer the questions. I asked to be transferred to the Tech Dept that was in charge, and they wouldn't do so. Furthermore, I asked for them to email the Dept with my request, and they wouldn't do so.

I asked for a supervisor, and I was told that the supervisor would tell me the same thing. They said the only thing I could do is keep checking my phone and someday it will just start working. I ask you-is that customer service or a complete blow off?

I called a second time last week, and I was given the same response.

Likewise, I am not asking for anything major, just for your Tech Dept to approve my A-71 Samsung phone, so I can continue to enjoy my Spider. I deserve the consideration of an answer as to a date when the phone will be activated.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments