Verified Reviewer

Run by liars and thieves. Bought a 2023 Sportage from them 3 months ago.

It has spent nearly two of those 3 months collecting dust in the service department over a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. Was lied to over and over. I have made two $550 ($1100) car payments and have barely been able to enjoy my new vehicle. My KIA app says my car has not even been started in the past 20 days (August 11 to August 31), but Kevin Lindsay the service manager says they have been running all sorts of tests?

When challenged he cannot recall the tests and the technician that performed the tests is conveniently unavailable. What Kevin Lindsay, or the last service manager that started this nightmare (I forget his name), does not know is that I am formerly a KIA elite certified service advisor. The policy even 7 years ago was that any tech that touches a car must be punched in on it. Then the tech must log (in the greatest detail possible) anything he does or tests?

Why? Why would they not just blow off procedure and go rogue? I will tell you BECAUSE EVERY EMPLOYED PERSON I HAVE EVER MET LIKES TO GET PAID FOR THIER JOB! That's right folks, if the tech does not log the work (even the troubleshooting) he does not get paid.

According to Kevin Lindsay his techs work for free and do not follow KIA Certified Technician procedure. That is why he cannot pull up the work order (if there even is one) and see when, who, how and what has been done to my car. He must rely on these disappearing techs that are doing charity work and memorize all vehicles vin numbers, diagnostics, parts and repairs. Leaving poor Kevin Lindsay helpless against mean old customers that have the nerve to want to know what is going on with their very expensive brand new cars.

No one else at the dealership seems to care either. "JUST SIGN HERE, GIVE US YOUR MONEY AND DON'T BOTHER US ANYMORE!" They should put that little slogan in their ads. It would be the first honest words that I have heard spoken on behalf of these crooks. ANYWAY!

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BUY OR SERVICE (UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF DOING BOTH) A KIA RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS POSSIBLE. They do not care about you or how much they take away from you and your family. We are just another number on the board to them. Beyond that we are on our own.

I wish I had never met these horrible people. It took several visits and phone calls for them to even get my name right! No apologies for it. Only Kevin Lindsay asking, in a very condescending manner, "WHY would YOU put YOUR car in your WIFE's name?!?" Unreal.

We are married and share cars Kevin. It's a radical concept, I know. The one she drives the most is in my name. Would you like to call Don Thornton Cadillac and launch an investigation over there too?

You could be busting our big scam wide open!

How about you just do your own job. Give me back my car (in working order) or give me back my money.

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Ferguson Kia Cons: That they are allowed to do business.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Ferguson Kia Reviews