Lawrenceville, Georgia

Update by user Jun 23, 2016

The driver is insured with Farmers Insurance and drives for Uber. He is stating not only did his Farmers Insurance agent know he was driving for Uber he provided this to Uber as well and now Farmers Insurance is not trying to pay for the damages.

Original review posted by user Jun 22, 2016

Last week an insured driver with Farmers Insurance mowed through my front lawn in his car destroying my kids swing set, landscaping and water fountain. I have submitted everything they requested in a timely manner and was assured from the door this would be handled right away.

No one contacted me until I reached out to them three times and it was forwarded to the supervisor as well. Now that they have to cover the insurance the supervisor Brandon said they are not liable for coverage as he was driving for Uber and there is a clause stating he cannot use his car for business purposes. This was not told to me when I opened the claim per the CSR who took the claim while the police were present.

Farmers Insurance needs to be held accountable for their lies and mishandling of this claim as this makes no sense.

I didn't like: Unjust expense not our fault, Agent attitude and service from company, Agent and district manager completely dishonest, That it was based on a lie.

Insurance Plans Acceptance
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $3300
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Farmers Insurance Group?

Comments

Bill anonymous Higgins
Roanoke, Virginia, United States #1308804

I've had a similar problem in my home in Norcross, Ga.A green cab driver , after leaving a 3 hour pause in an area bar, drove his cab into the livingroom of my house.

Everything was smashed to bits and his tires left rubber marks on 1 week old carpet. After receiving sub par estimates I took my own car and drove into the same hole he started and got as far as the Den. I might add that the kitchen connects those rooms. A nearby hammer made easy work of any thing the car missed such as rare 15th Century Japanese China.

I submitted the amended report. Again, a sub par estimate. They was only one thing left to try. I kidnapped a minority child from the mall and positioned him, smushed into a wall bookshelf.

I could reasonably state that he was earlier over looked by fire & rescue. That made the difference! They were ready for a quick settlement of over $45K.

I cashed the check and moved out that night.signed Bill H.

Stop talking to the driver.Take him to small claims court.

He will need to provide proof of coverage to the court. He can't. You will need to provide the proof of denial of the claim. You can.

You will win. He will lose.

Regardless of what he is telling you, he does not have coverage.That has been stated to you by the only people that are legally able to state it, the insurance company.

Insurance companies open claims then investigate the coverage.Upon completion of the investigation, a determination is made as to whether they will accept liability or not.

The CSR is a data entry clerk who had no idea what coverage applies. They are the front line who enter the info and pass it on to the licensed decision makers.

If you want payment, you'll need to take the driver/owner to small claims court.This driver misrepresented themselves to their insurance company and will be personally responsible for the damage they caused.

Denver, Colorado, United States #1176384

I'm not sure what lies you're talking about.The fool driving for Uber decided not to tell his insurance company he was using the car for business purposes, knowing he would have to pay more for the coverage.

"This was not told to me when I opened the claim per the CSR who took the claim while the police were present."

This is why these things take a few days to work out.

They can't tell you right on the spot what this guy's coverage is or isn't.

Once again, I don't see a lie here.

What I do see based on what you've said is a lawsuit.You're going to have to sue the driver.