Update added by user Jul 18, 2016
Dr.Soyfer's office/Fairfax Smiles is completely unprofessional.
Dr. Soyfer's response to my complaints is to launch a character assignation on me. That is completely inappropriate, and unprofessional. Licensed medical practitioners are held to a higher standard when working with the public.
It is always the responsibility of the licensed professional to do the right thing. Dr. Soyfer's office has absolutely NO customer service problem resolution skills. If he had, maybe I would not have filed any formal complaints with his state regulatory board.
However, considering how Dr. Soyfer has maliciously attacked me, I had no choice. Now Case #171672 will forever be registered on his license, that is assuming he has a license. Case #171672 could be the case that ends his career if the board revokes his license.
All of this could have been prevented with a little customer care.
Attacking me online only further proves how unprofessional Dr.Soyfer/Fairfax Smiles is.
Update added by user Jul 09, 2016
Ms.Amanda "Leah" Smith and Dr.
Vladimir Soyfer D.M.D committed fraud when they created a false document for me to sign when I requested a medical records release form.
Forging all other writings, including falsely obtaining someone’s signature for the purpose of defrauding that or another person, is a Class 5 felony, which incurs a fine of up to $2,500, up to one year in jail, or both; or between one and ten years in prison. (Va. Ann.
Code § 18.2-172.)
I am still waiting for Ms. Smith to realize she has committed a crime, and that she should RUN away from Dr. Soyfer. But she is loyal to a fault, so I will just wait for the Distict Attorney to charge her.
I wonder how she is going to provide for her children with a felony on her record.She's not too smart...
Update added by user Jul 01, 2016
On June 27, 2016, I received a letter Human Services informing me of the from The Department of Health and resolution to my complaint that Dr.Soyfer did not state in his medical records that no dental dam was used during an endodontic procedure performed on me on 5/26/2015.
The DHHS solution was to offer Dr. Soyfer's office technical assistance in becoming compliant with my request to amend my medical record to show that no dental dam was used. Since that time, I have re-requested a copy of my medical records (through my attorney) from Dr. Soyfer's office to ensure that my records have been amended to my satisfaction.
If the record dated 5/26/2015 still does not indicate that no dental dam was used, I will re-file another complaint with The DHHS, as mentioned in their letter to me if they receive another complaint regarding non-compliance from Dr. Soyfer's office, they will investigate. I am attaching the letter.
Do NOT let Dr.Soyfer lie on your medical record!
Update added by user Jun 27, 2016
From March, 2016 to June, 2016, I have had 90 communications with the investigator with VBOD.Wow!
Get ready Fairfax Smiles.I'm FINALLY going to get some resolution.
Original review posted by user Jun 17, 2016
I had an unfortunate incident with Dr. Soyfer while he was performing a root canal procedure on me. He either didn't know he was supposed to be using a dental dam, or he neglected to use on, either way what I am getting at is that he failed to to follow the recommended standard-of-care guidelines established by the ADA and dropped an endofile down my throat. I had to go to the ER and have the file retrieved via endoscope.
In addition, all of the root canal procedures he did on me failed. His instruments were not powerful enough to drill past obstructed root canals. Dr. Soyer used a hand-held drill as opposed to the electric drills that Endodontists use. Most of the root canals Dr. Soyfer performed on me were incomplete, meaning that he wasn't effective in treating the pathology at the tip of my root canal, and I still expereinced pain in the teeth I thought he had successfully treated. Consequently, I am having to have all the work that Dr. Soyfer did, redone by an Endodontist. I have to ruin all of my ceramic crowns which cost $2,500 each so the canal can be re-treated which costs 2k to be treated properly by an Endodontist. So I am paying twice for work that should have been done correctly the first time.
Dr. Soyfer also slashed my gums with the anaesthetic needle. He didn't place the anaesthesia in the correct spot in my mouth, so it took about 8 injections to get me numb, and afterwards I was looking in my mouth, and my gums were very red and swollen. I also remember seeing a bunch of bone, blood, and tissue go into the suction tube when he was doing a root canal procedure on me, which didn't happen when I saw the Endodontist, who performed the same procedure on other teeth, only correctly and pain free.
In addition, Dr. Soyfer didn't get the color of my central incisor correct, so now it looks bad next to all my other teeth because it is too yellow. Terrible experience!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Kaiser gave my"ORIGINAL" receipt with all my medical personal information to someone else. I was given someone else's medical and personal information and his was a "REPRINT" as was mine...."
- "In Oct 2012they did liposuction and we are in 2014 and have bad results I have sinking spots like potholes.. my husband says they messed up my stomach. he..."
- "Saved my money for years, went to cancun cosmetic dentistry for snapon dentures. Had 20+ teeth removed over a few hours with local anestesia. Horribly PAINFUL! had..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "On January 7, 2012 we purchased a Maytag front loading washing machine and dryer with a Home Depot Extended Protection Plan. The machines ran well for a four year period;..."
- "I listed a dooney and Bourke handbag, and it was won by a lady, she bidded 69,000 credits for it and I sent it off a few days after that...."