Irvine, California

Fabtech has a substantial amount of Product Safety Recalls that could lead to LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL COULD LEAD TO A VEHICLE CRASH WITH POTENTIAL INJURY OR DEATH.

Make : FABTECH Model : FTS71000

Build Dates : Information not Available

Manufacturer : FABTECH MOTORSPORTS

Mfr's Report Date : JAN 23, 2006

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06E010000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A

Component: STEERING

Potential Number Of Units Affected : 1360

Summary:

CERTAIN FABTECH AFTERMARKET REPLACEMENT PITMAN ARMS, P/NOS. FTS71000 AND FTS71001, INSTALLED FOR USE ON CERTAIN 2001-2006 GM C/K 2500 PICK UP TRUCKS AND SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES. THE PIN LOCATED INSIDE THE PITMAN ARM CAN SHEAR OFF DUE TO A REVERSE BENDING FATIGUE CONDITION, RESULTING IN A TOTAL LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL.

Consequence:

Remedy:

FABTECH WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE PITMAN AND IDLER ARMS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING FEBRUARY 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FABTECH AT 909-597-7800.

###############################

Consumer Complaint Agencies

https://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asp http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm

Review about: Suspension Lift.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $3
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Fabtech Motorsports?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.