The grading performed by Faber Homes has left 2 inches of standing water in our yard and their claim is that they performed the grading so that storm water would run off to areas where it is collected.Well, it is collected in my yard.

After numerous attempts at getting this fix and despite their very own sales rep, site foreman, and landscape contractor saying that this is a problem that needs to be fixed, Faber has done nothing. We also never received the topsoil that we were contractually promised as I watch them dig a hole for a basement in out neighborhood and spread that all over our yards. When I approached the crew that was doing it they said, "the landscape contractors do the topsoil." I then called Faber Homes and told them not to spray grass seed until our grading was fixed and we received the topsoil. Two days later they sprayed grass seed over the fill from someones basement.

We can not get anything to grow in most of our yard. When installing a patio that was only dug 6 inches deep, we had to dig up hundreds of rocks from the sizes of softballs to the size of many the size of basketballs and larger for a 10 foot by 12 foot area. This has been a battle for 2 years now and has not been resolved. We have tried everything, from the warranty process to lawyers.

Caution to anyone building a Faber home, keep the money that they will hold in escrow from the grading and the lawn and use it to hire a reputable contractor who will do it right or you will be sorry. Many homes in our small neighborhood have had similar problems with them. One even had a french drain installed be them after the fact to try to deal with the water and Faber just ran it to the street where the water got dumped out and froze on the road creating an unsafe condition. The town even said that was illegal but Faber never came to fix it, the town had to dig it up and run it to a storm sewer the way it is supposed to!

This has been a miserable experience and we have not been able to enjoy our yard or grow grass for 2 years!I will never deal with these crooks again and would urge anyone who is considering them to think twice!

Review about: A Faber Home.

I liked: Home itself.

I didn't like: Customer service, That they do not do what the say.

1.8
Turnaround Time
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $3000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Faber Homes?

Comments

Faber Homes
Rochester, New York, United States #1330588

Dear Ian & Emily,

We have built many homes in many communities over the past 30 years.All newly seeded yards require time and constant care to fully establish a lawn.

This spring has been much more wet than normal and standing water can be expected. The photos you provided to not fully represent your current yard.

We have thoroughly reviewed all your claims and provided you sufficient information regarding all the items you sent via email.We take all claims very seriously and should you want to further discuss please contact our Warranty Coordinator at (585) 889-4840.

Thank you, Faber Homes Warranty Department

ke006057
to Faber Homes Rochester, New York, United States #1331040

While we are quite aware of the care required for a lawn, we do not appreciate the suggestion that we have been negligent in the care for our yard and lawn as we take our home and property very seriously.Yes, those are certainly not pictures of the current state of our lawn but were meant only to show the your grading was insufficient from day 1.

Which is when the complaint originated and that it was never addressed with numerous request made. I will happily post pictures of the current state of or yard which is still full of water, scattered with rocks, and without topsoil so the grass does not grow in many places. We have consistently treated and watered the lawn as well as over seeded and yet the grass refuses to grow in clay. You are welcome to come by and we can walk the property again to see the current state.

That picture of the pile of rocks we dug out was from when the other photos we taken, that pile is now 3 times the size and there are still rocks visible that are not even burried. We are working to get quotes from multiple reputable contractors that all show that topsoil was never applied and the grading is insufficient.

The evidence you suggest was supplied is thin and insufficient, your statement is that the town approved the grading while the property was covered in snow so it was not possible to fully understand how the final grade was represented.The grading was also changed by you in the spring after the CofO was issued and was...