Express Moves - Worst Mover Ever
I Found Express Moves, owned and operated by Robert Mayes, on Thumbtack. I told him I lived in and ran my on-line business out of a small shared 2-bedroom house and was moving 1 mile away. He said this would be a walk in the park as his company routinely moves 5-bedroom upscale homes. He sent a representative over for a thorough walk-through. I made some specific requests for certain packing materials I'd need that I was willing to pay extra for, and requested their help with some packing.
The day of the move they showed up with one small truck and a mini pickup and no packing materials at all, not even a razor knife or tape -- they used mine, and my company's shipping boxes to pack my belongings & inventory in. They were clueless as to how to properly pack to avoid breakage, so I stopped them and finished doing it myself. When I went back over to the house to make sure it was locked up, I couldn't believe there were still so many large, heavy objects in the house that he had agreed to move .... when I called him and asked him why they'd been left behind, he simply answered, "the truck was full." I call this extremely poor planning. He KNEW how much there was to move. This caused me to lose my security deposit at the house. But wait ... there's more ....
When I got to my new home, I signed the invoice agreeing to pay him, then went back out to the truck to speak to him .... while I was doing that, one of his workers changed the total on the invoice AFTER I'd signed it. AND I failed to give adequate importance to the tiny printing at the bottom of the page stating that I was agreeing that everything was in perfect condition and there was no damage. And exactly how could I know that? I hadn't even seen what they'd moved yet. And a good thing .... when I added up the costs of the damages, it exceeded the cost of the move by at least 100%. When I called Robert Mayes, would he make good on a SINGLE item damaged by his company, as he'd said he would? No. I paid more than I'd agreed to, lost some cherished items, had to replace others related to my work, and have to live with some damaged ones I can't afford to have repaired or replaced. Would I sue if I could? You bet. Stay away.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving And Storage Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We have had nothing but a wonderful time. Everything has been fantastic. The people here are wonderful. We've really enjoyed being here, enjoing the weather, the pools, the beach. It's..."
- "At first thanks to Our North east, india travel agency of Kalita Tours & Travels,Assam. we are share our trip of North east, india destination of Assam, Meghalaya & Arunachal..."
- "On 9/28/16 I sold two giftcards to ABC Giftcards. I sold a $100 Safeway grocery store gift card and a $100 Chipotle giftcard. ABC Giftcards said they will give me..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."
- "I hired Chuck Messina for a divorce. It was a nightmare. He dragged my case forever by creating false problems and giving me false hope. Charles Messina ended up making..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "Well i am so disappointed with "PROGRESSIVE" Car insurance since they are bad taking care of my car accident, i was with then for more then 3 years always paying..."
- "I made a reservation through a trust account, securing a room for approximately 14 days. I left after 3 days with a headache and upset stomach, possibly caused by a..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."