Express Moves - Worst Mover Ever
I Found Express Moves, owned and operated by Robert Mayes, on Thumbtack. I told him I lived in and ran my on-line business out of a small shared 2-bedroom house and was moving 1 mile away. He said this would be a walk in the park as his company routinely moves 5-bedroom upscale homes. He sent a representative over for a thorough walk-through. I made some specific requests for certain packing materials I'd need that I was willing to pay extra for, and requested their help with some packing.
The day of the move they showed up with one small truck and a mini pickup and no packing materials at all, not even a razor knife or tape -- they used mine, and my company's shipping boxes to pack my belongings & inventory in. They were clueless as to how to properly pack to avoid breakage, so I stopped them and finished doing it myself. When I went back over to the house to make sure it was locked up, I couldn't believe there were still so many large, heavy objects in the house that he had agreed to move .... when I called him and asked him why they'd been left behind, he simply answered, "the truck was full." I call this extremely poor planning. He KNEW how much there was to move. This caused me to lose my security deposit at the house. But wait ... there's more ....
When I got to my new home, I signed the invoice agreeing to pay him, then went back out to the truck to speak to him .... while I was doing that, one of his workers changed the total on the invoice AFTER I'd signed it. AND I failed to give adequate importance to the tiny printing at the bottom of the page stating that I was agreeing that everything was in perfect condition and there was no damage. And exactly how could I know that? I hadn't even seen what they'd moved yet. And a good thing .... when I added up the costs of the damages, it exceeded the cost of the move by at least 100%. When I called Robert Mayes, would he make good on a SINGLE item damaged by his company, as he'd said he would? No. I paid more than I'd agreed to, lost some cherished items, had to replace others related to my work, and have to live with some damaged ones I can't afford to have repaired or replaced. Would I sue if I could? You bet. Stay away.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving And Storage Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Back on Wednesday, June 1st, 2016, I took My Very First Flight Using My Precious 30,000 SkyMiles That I Have Religiously Saved For Through Delta Airlines To Go From Buenos..."
- "Suzanne Jean Stokes Karama Darwin 0812 ... Suzanne Jean Stokes (nee Erickson) schemed and planned and connived to steal her 4 brothers and 2 sisters inheritance, which she eventually did.READ..."
- "I was a guest at a meeting and this guy named Mike Rascon presented a business opportunity to me. He tried to tell me that he was the top..."
- " I am a resident at the Pinnacle at Union Hills and have been for almost 3 years. There are some major issues with my unit that have not been fixed..."
- "bought my dress, it came looking nothing like i asked it was see through. I could see my butt crack and the bra cups it was cheap material and looked..."
- "I purchased the mattress on a Saturday, delivered Wednesday and looked like their was a body inside of it. This is an expensive Simmons Holly Glen Mattress. Ashley delivered a..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."