Express Moves - Worst Mover Ever
I Found Express Moves, owned and operated by Robert Mayes, on Thumbtack. I told him I lived in and ran my on-line business out of a small shared 2-bedroom house and was moving 1 mile away. He said this would be a walk in the park as his company routinely moves 5-bedroom upscale homes. He sent a representative over for a thorough walk-through. I made some specific requests for certain packing materials I'd need that I was willing to pay extra for, and requested their help with some packing.
The day of the move they showed up with one small truck and a mini pickup and no packing materials at all, not even a razor knife or tape -- they used mine, and my company's shipping boxes to pack my belongings & inventory in. They were clueless as to how to properly pack to avoid breakage, so I stopped them and finished doing it myself. When I went back over to the house to make sure it was locked up, I couldn't believe there were still so many large, heavy objects in the house that he had agreed to move .... when I called him and asked him why they'd been left behind, he simply answered, "the truck was full." I call this extremely poor planning. He KNEW how much there was to move. This caused me to lose my security deposit at the house. But wait ... there's more ....
When I got to my new home, I signed the invoice agreeing to pay him, then went back out to the truck to speak to him .... while I was doing that, one of his workers changed the total on the invoice AFTER I'd signed it. AND I failed to give adequate importance to the tiny printing at the bottom of the page stating that I was agreeing that everything was in perfect condition and there was no damage. And exactly how could I know that? I hadn't even seen what they'd moved yet. And a good thing .... when I added up the costs of the damages, it exceeded the cost of the move by at least 100%. When I called Robert Mayes, would he make good on a SINGLE item damaged by his company, as he'd said he would? No. I paid more than I'd agreed to, lost some cherished items, had to replace others related to my work, and have to live with some damaged ones I can't afford to have repaired or replaced. Would I sue if I could? You bet. Stay away.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving And Storage Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Beware of Orlando Florida Credit Repair - StateWide Credit Repair! Full of false advertisements!!! My wife and I paid this company a flat fee of $450.00 to repair our credit to remove..."
- "I hired Greenline Relocation movers for a short distant move in mid May.Worst job during a move I ever experienced.They broke my aunt's recliner.The guy said "We have a problem.The..."
- "On Sunday Aug 28th I went to visit Versailles and had a terrible experience due to the huge lack of professionalism of two of the staff members. It began almost immediately..."
- "Well i am so disappointed with "PROGRESSIVE" Car insurance since they are bad taking care of my car accident, i was with then for more then 3 years always paying..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "I purchased the mattress on a Saturday, delivered Wednesday and looked like their was a body inside of it. This is an expensive Simmons Holly Glen Mattress. Ashley delivered a..."
- "I ordered two autism necklaces for me and my husband a month ago. I received an email stating that my order is being made and will be shipped. There is..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."