Express Moves - Worst Mover Ever
I Found Express Moves, owned and operated by Robert Mayes, on Thumbtack. I told him I lived in and ran my on-line business out of a small shared 2-bedroom house and was moving 1 mile away. He said this would be a walk in the park as his company routinely moves 5-bedroom upscale homes. He sent a representative over for a thorough walk-through. I made some specific requests for certain packing materials I'd need that I was willing to pay extra for, and requested their help with some packing.
The day of the move they showed up with one small truck and a mini pickup and no packing materials at all, not even a razor knife or tape -- they used mine, and my company's shipping boxes to pack my belongings & inventory in. They were clueless as to how to properly pack to avoid breakage, so I stopped them and finished doing it myself. When I went back over to the house to make sure it was locked up, I couldn't believe there were still so many large, heavy objects in the house that he had agreed to move .... when I called him and asked him why they'd been left behind, he simply answered, "the truck was full." I call this extremely poor planning. He KNEW how much there was to move. This caused me to lose my security deposit at the house. But wait ... there's more ....
When I got to my new home, I signed the invoice agreeing to pay him, then went back out to the truck to speak to him .... while I was doing that, one of his workers changed the total on the invoice AFTER I'd signed it. AND I failed to give adequate importance to the tiny printing at the bottom of the page stating that I was agreeing that everything was in perfect condition and there was no damage. And exactly how could I know that? I hadn't even seen what they'd moved yet. And a good thing .... when I added up the costs of the damages, it exceeded the cost of the move by at least 100%. When I called Robert Mayes, would he make good on a SINGLE item damaged by his company, as he'd said he would? No. I paid more than I'd agreed to, lost some cherished items, had to replace others related to my work, and have to live with some damaged ones I can't afford to have repaired or replaced. Would I sue if I could? You bet. Stay away.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving And Storage Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This company cannot be under estimated in this business as to what level it will sink to -- to get your business They cannot provide resources references. US Hole in..."
- " A Wilmington, NC man who told police that he was a seafood salesman was charged Wednesday with raping two girls from the ages of 6 and 7 into their..."
- "I was a guest at a meeting and this guy named Mike Rascon presented a business opportunity to me. He tried to tell me that he was the top..."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "Bought a box of Cella's Dark chocolate covered cherries with liquid center at a CVS. This evening I sat down with a new box of chocolate covered cherries. I picked..."
- "Please forward to the relevant department. My wife and I stayed at the QUALITY INN & SUITES AT METRO CENTER at the 9455 N. Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ, 85021, US..."
- "On the 30th on June, my fiancé and I were relieved that we were able to pay off the rest of our furniture within the 90 day period. We had..."