Express Moves - Worst Mover Ever

1 of 1 Express Moves reviews

I Found Express Moves, owned and operated by Robert Mayes, on Thumbtack. I told him I lived in and ran my on-line business out of a small shared 2-bedroom house and was moving 1 mile away. He said this would be a walk in the park as his company routinely moves 5-bedroom upscale homes. He sent a representative over for a thorough walk-through. I made some specific requests for certain packing materials I'd need that I was willing to pay extra for, and requested their help with some packing.

The day of the move they showed up with one small truck and a mini pickup and no packing materials at all, not even a razor knife or tape -- they used mine, and my company's shipping boxes to pack my belongings & inventory in. They were clueless as to how to properly pack to avoid breakage, so I stopped them and finished doing it myself. When I went back over to the house to make sure it was locked up, I couldn't believe there were still so many large, heavy objects in the house that he had agreed to move .... when I called him and asked him why they'd been left behind, he simply answered, "the truck was full." I call this extremely poor planning. He KNEW how much there was to move. This caused me to lose my security deposit at the house. But wait ... there's more ....

When I got to my new home, I signed the invoice agreeing to pay him, then went back out to the truck to speak to him .... while I was doing that, one of his workers changed the total on the invoice AFTER I'd signed it. AND I failed to give adequate importance to the tiny printing at the bottom of the page stating that I was agreeing that everything was in perfect condition and there was no damage. And exactly how could I know that? I hadn't even seen what they'd moved yet. And a good thing .... when I added up the costs of the damages, it exceeded the cost of the move by at least 100%. When I called Robert Mayes, would he make good on a SINGLE item damaged by his company, as he'd said he would? No. I paid more than I'd agreed to, lost some cherished items, had to replace others related to my work, and have to live with some damaged ones I can't afford to have repaired or replaced. Would I sue if I could? You bet. Stay away.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
1 of 1 Express Moves reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
glad i read it

Sep 03, 2014 #865071

Was going to use them before seeing this, will go somewhere else. thanks for the heads up.

6 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.