Exede lies! Rip off service, NEVER GET EXEDE!!!!

430 of 451 Exede reviews

When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.), youtube 140p (380kbps min.), along with itunes downloads, and file downloads, sure they took maybe 10 minutes but they did download and I was happy.Well that all changed two months ago, all of those services that I use stopped working when I was slowed and I didn't understand why because I was getting the same speeds I had 2 months ago.

I called and called and called exede, they "didn't know" what was wrong. So today I decided to run a port blocking test while on the phone with exede, the rep said exede doesn't block ports... that's not what the test said! I told her that all the tests failed and said that exede blocks ports.

So I was put on hold while she looked into it, when she cam back on she said, "Our system is dynamic and we can sometimes block ports on slowed speed only and sometimes we won't." OK so first of all why sometimes!? Second of all, I'm already slowed to complete ***! Why block ports along with that!? I've had it with exede, all they do is lie lie lie!!!

I have told countless people not to get exede, I've spread it all over social networking. Guys we need to show people what exede is really like! How much they suck and how much they lie! I'm going to add screenshots of what pandora and youtube do, pandora doesn't even load the login screen, it'll eventually say that the server wasn't found.

Eventually youtube will say an error occurred.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Exede Satellite Internet
Review category
Telecommunications
review #494018

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Exede? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
430 of 451 Exede reviews

Feb 09 #1284040 Bloomington, Indiana, United States

I have to comment here as well. I am genuinely dissatisfied with Exede. I've only had them a few months and wish I could cancel without incurring hundreds of dollars in early cancellation fees. Initially, when we passed our data limit, we were throttled down but it was understandable and bearable. I could still watch youtube at the lowest settings even if it had to buffer a bit, no problem. Now I've noticed that they are filtering websites. If I want to log into steam to play a single player game, it won't connect. YouTube videos won't load and if they actually do, the speed is so low it would have to buffer an hour to watch a 15 minute video. Out connection drops frequently thoughout the day. Other, more longstanding problems included losing internet if there was even a light rain (and being in north Florida, rain is a fact of life). I checked into Hughes and they have better, more reasonably priced plans but if you exceed the data limit you keep your speeds but they filter you as well (so no youtube, etc.). I feel deceived by Exede. Sure I was told I would be throttled down but there was never a mention of having sites blocked all together.

tw

Jan 31 #1279420 Fayetteville, Tennessee, United States

Yep they are blocking sites now. I used to visit these sites even after my limit was reached, sure they were slow but not blocked. Is hughes any better?

fedup

Jan 28 #1277916

I have had this service for many years with NO issues NOW they are blocking and they have blocked my email (AOL) ,news,YouTube and others as well When I asked I was told it was on my end Port blocking test done and guess what ?? They are blocking No explanation at all NO mention of anything

Don

Jan 02, 2015 #924747 Kelso, Washington, United States

Why is it that when we buy extra gigs, we can still only get the slowed down speed? We called the consumer service department and were told that once our limit was reached, we would only get the slowed down speed regardless of whether we paid or not. How is this fair? Why would anyone pay extra for nothing?

Don

Jan 03, 2015 #924913

I did send an e-mail several days ago, but so far no response.

13nel

Dec 19, 2014 #918394 Honey Grove, Texas, United States

I like exede. Yes, they slow your internet when you go over your limit. But hey, you went over your limit. Now your internet is slow, that's a consequence. I don't stream over exede, but they make it pretty clear that streaming takes a LOT of bandwidth. It's reliable, I live in a very rural area with a lot of strong weather. My exede has only been dropped once, and that was during a tornado.
Instead of streaming video, I have my computer set to download during the free zone. It works fine. I have zero complaints.

0 1 Reply

May 22, 2015 #987619

I think the point of the complaint is that they pointlessly block access to websites.

Dillon

Nov 27, 2014 #906792

I hate exede as well! The speed I'm supposed to get is way slower than I was told. Why would I have to stay up till 5 am every night just to get on Facebook? Even when it is unlimited they update it and I can't use it. I call in all the time and never get my problems fixed.

Jan 11, 2016 #1092935

If you are up till five am ... It"s time to check into Facebook rehab.
Facebook Addicts Anonymous
1207 Gossipers Lane
Seattle ,WA 29876

0 1 Reply

Jul 22, 2014 #844133

Kasper,
It sounds like you may be having some technical issues with your equipment. I can review your modem status in the system to see if there are any technical errors. Our technical support team will also be able to troubleshoot any issues you may be having with your service. You can send us an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and someone will assist you to help resolve your issues.

Kasper

Jun 29, 2014 #833662 Knights Landing, California, United States

I am now on my 4th reboot the modem in 3 hours you are blocking my posts because I'm speaking the truth. and don't give the generic Leave your email info I tried and nowhere do you let people leave that information. I've had this service for 23 days and I've had NOTHING but problems with it oh and so you know I'm coping this so I can just keep posting it to all social media sites

1 0 Reply

Jun 25, 2014 #831812

aspiller,
After you have reached your data cap, instead of cutting your services off altogether, we slow your speeds. When your speeds our slowed, some ports get blocked due to the slow speed. If I'm correct, you have no problem utilizing the different sites when you are at regular speeds? Port blocking also has to do with your router and the slower speeds. If you need further assistance, please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com, with your contact information and when you will be available for a phone call.
Sincerely,
ExedeKarmin

1 0 Reply
Luke

Jun 13, 2014 #827016 San Antonio, Texas, United States

I have found exede to be over priced, is slow and during a rain is intermittent, more off than on and have terminated them.

2 0 Reply
anne

Jun 08, 2014 #825046 San Francisco, California, United States

I have a vacation rental and I just switched to exede. Just moved up to 15 gigs and am running out so I have to buy 25. I have advised guests to limit video etc, but why should they? The fact is I will run out of data in a week even with the 25 gig upgrade. This ridiculous and I have been monitoring it every day and 4 gig were apparently used in 8 hours!! Impossible!
I am so sorry I changed from Hughes. Wrecking my business in a busy summer season.
As I can see, I am not the only one!!

4 0 Reply

Jun 25, 2014 #831803 Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States

Anne,
I can take a look at your account and let you know what the data is being used on. Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and the best time to reach you. I look forward to addressing your concerns.
Sincerely,
ExedeKarmin

High Speed

Jan 11, 2016 #1092931 Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States

4 gigs in 8 hours is very possible. HD content streams at about 1gig per hour. I would suggest going with 50 mbps fiber.

Sep 01, 2016 #1206624

1 hr HD is 3 GB

Jun 05, 2014 #824195 Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service and I can definitely understand your frustration with not being able to access the same websites as you were in the past when your speeds were slowed. I will be glad to address your concerns with our data allowance policy and the slowed speeds when you have met your data limit. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks.

1 1 Reply

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.