Exede - Avoid like the plague

322 of 451 Exede reviews

i became a sales only dealer for exede. after becoming a dealer, the area manager told me that i probably would not be able to sell the service because of capacity issues. great!

anyway- i had already placed an order for service at my home. the day the installer came out, he was able to get a whopping 300kbps. he told me that the modem may be doing a firmware update, and that the speed may increase after that.

well - it didn't. i called their customer service number, and got the same story- capacity issues. they did something that made the modem work better that day, however, the slow speeds continued after that.

i called, and told them the speed was not acceptable. i told them i wanted to cancel the service because i was not getting the speeds they advertised. them, they changed their tone, and told me that i would owe $15 * 23 months of the remaining "contract". well - they can go get bent- because i closed my credit card account. and if they want to sue me - i will show the screen shoots of the 300kbps speeds i was getting during "peak" times.

anyway- the sales manager and his boss both said they would take care of it. as of today- 2 months later, still nothing.

just stay away - it is not worth the poor service, lies, and tricks to get money from you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Bad customer service

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
refund 1 month, cancel service, come get your equipment.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Satellite Internet
Review category
Telecommunications
review #611195

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Exede? Submit review ›
Helpful? 8 Yes 8 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
322 of 451 Exede reviews

May 05, 2015 #980157

I agree we only had them for two weeks, then I learned how sneaky they were when I found out I could not block the $300 cancellation fee guess what they took out $450 instead even when we should not have been charged because they gave us a whopping 5gs free till my new internet company was installed. My new internet company came the same day, so my question is if i didn't use the five free gs who did?

0 0 Reply
ExedeDiana

Mar 23, 2015 #962572

HI rkworth, I would like to review your account and assist you with any remaining concerns. Please send me your account information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you so much. Exede Diana

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.