Everdry Roofing Ripped People Off In Ohio! Bad Roofer Suwanee!
Criminal - Everdry Roofing in Suwanee Georgia is owned by James Scuka and Jamie Scuka. Everdry Roofing in Suwanee was previously Equity Exteriors in Ohio owned by James Scuka. Below is a filing against Equity Exteriors owned by James Scuka who now owns Everdry Roofing in Suwanee.
(links to the charges at bottom)
Equity Exteriors/James Scuka Now "Everdry Roofing" Suwanee
Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Case No. 10 CVH 03 3747
The Attorney General originally filed this home improvement lawsuit on Dec. 18, 2007.
Numerous consumer complaints alleging failure to deliver or shoddy and incomplete work fueled this lawsuit.
After obtaining new information on the whereabouts of James Scuka, the owner of the roofing business, the Attorney General re-filed the lawsuit on March 9, 2010. The complaint alleged violations of the Consumer Sales Practices Act, Home Solicitation Sales Act and Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Service was obtained and the defendants failed to file an answer.
A Final Order and Entry Granting Default Judgment was entered on Aug. 23, 2010. It included a permanent injunction, $314,557.53 in consumer restitution and a $125,000 civil penalty.
James Scuka closed Equity Exteriors in Ohio after ripping off their customers and failing to pay their roofing subcontractors. James Scuka closed one roofing company and came to the Atlanta area and opened Everdry Roofing in Suwanee. This is an example of those awful roofing companies you see on the news. Even more shocking is Everdry Roofing Suwanee's endorsement by the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce.
On Dec. 18, 2007, the Ohio Attorney General's Office filed a civil lawsuit in Franklin County Common Pleas Court charging James Scuka, individually and doing business as Equity Exteriors, Inc., with:
-routinely failing to start work, deliver materials, or advise consumers as to the reason for failure to perform
-shoddy and unworkmanlike service
-collecting deposits from consumers without disclosing the terms and conditions of when and how deposits would be refunded
-using written contracts that do not contain any notice of the consumers' three-day right of rescission
-failing to honor express and/or implied warranties of merchantability
-continuing to solicit new customers and accept money when Mr. Scuka knew or should have known that the precarious financial position of the company would prevent Equity Exteriors from completing agreed work
-subcontracting work without disclosure to consumers
-failing to compensate subcontractors, and thereby exposing consumers to mechanics liens
-refusing reasonable opportunities afforded by consumers to cure their failure to comply with their warranties
-providing blank "5 Year Customer Warranty" forms to roofing customers which purportedly promised to guarantee against roof leaks, without providing mandatory disclosures
-failing to designate their warranty as "full" or "limited"
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Home Roofing And Roof Repair
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "I ordered several items from Charming Charlie's online store the Tuesday after Cyber Monday this year. I made sure that all of the items were in stock, none of them..."
- "I purchased a Charge HR in Sept 2015. I began wearing while sleeping (because it tracks sleep) however that didn't last long. So i began wearing it only during the..."
- "Waited eagerly for VS Pink's Pink Friday sale at midnight tonight, but I fell into a bit of a bait and switch. They advertised for a jacket and bra top..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."