Everdry Roofing Ripped People Off In Ohio! Bad Roofer Suwanee!
Criminal - Everdry Roofing in Suwanee Georgia is owned by James Scuka and Jamie Scuka. Everdry Roofing in Suwanee was previously Equity Exteriors in Ohio owned by James Scuka. Below is a filing against Equity Exteriors owned by James Scuka who now owns Everdry Roofing in Suwanee.
(links to the charges at bottom)
Equity Exteriors/James Scuka Now "Everdry Roofing" Suwanee
Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Case No. 10 CVH 03 3747
The Attorney General originally filed this home improvement lawsuit on Dec. 18, 2007.
Numerous consumer complaints alleging failure to deliver or shoddy and incomplete work fueled this lawsuit.
After obtaining new information on the whereabouts of James Scuka, the owner of the roofing business, the Attorney General re-filed the lawsuit on March 9, 2010. The complaint alleged violations of the Consumer Sales Practices Act, Home Solicitation Sales Act and Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Service was obtained and the defendants failed to file an answer.
A Final Order and Entry Granting Default Judgment was entered on Aug. 23, 2010. It included a permanent injunction, $314,557.53 in consumer restitution and a $125,000 civil penalty.
James Scuka closed Equity Exteriors in Ohio after ripping off their customers and failing to pay their roofing subcontractors. James Scuka closed one roofing company and came to the Atlanta area and opened Everdry Roofing in Suwanee. This is an example of those awful roofing companies you see on the news. Even more shocking is Everdry Roofing Suwanee's endorsement by the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce.
On Dec. 18, 2007, the Ohio Attorney General's Office filed a civil lawsuit in Franklin County Common Pleas Court charging James Scuka, individually and doing business as Equity Exteriors, Inc., with:
-routinely failing to start work, deliver materials, or advise consumers as to the reason for failure to perform
-shoddy and unworkmanlike service
-collecting deposits from consumers without disclosing the terms and conditions of when and how deposits would be refunded
-using written contracts that do not contain any notice of the consumers' three-day right of rescission
-failing to honor express and/or implied warranties of merchantability
-continuing to solicit new customers and accept money when Mr. Scuka knew or should have known that the precarious financial position of the company would prevent Equity Exteriors from completing agreed work
-subcontracting work without disclosure to consumers
-failing to compensate subcontractors, and thereby exposing consumers to mechanics liens
-refusing reasonable opportunities afforded by consumers to cure their failure to comply with their warranties
-providing blank "5 Year Customer Warranty" forms to roofing customers which purportedly promised to guarantee against roof leaks, without providing mandatory disclosures
-failing to designate their warranty as "full" or "limited"
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Home Roofing And Roof Repair
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "I can't tell you just how devastating it is to invest so much time, money and emotion into building a home only to have it all ripped away simply for..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "Ultra Beauty Spent time picking out a bottle of lotion. When I got up to the cashier I commented that the product was on sale. The product rung up at $19+...."
- "Hello! I was wanting to thank all the helpful reviews here on this site! I was saved precious money that could be used for Christmas items!It started with me looking..."
- "I ordered several items from Charming Charlie's online store the Tuesday after Cyber Monday this year. I made sure that all of the items were in stock, none of them..."