When I returned the car they said that I was responsible for a scuff mark on the tire. They charged me 166 English Pounds or approximately $255.00 to cover this damage. The three marks were less than three eighths of an inch long. Not visible while standing beside the car on a dry day.... let alone on the rainy day that we had when we picked up the car.
Even if we were guilty of .....MALICIOUS TIRE SCUFFING.... the demanded payment of 166 (sufficient to buy two tires in Canada) was grossly excessive. We do not believe we caused the damage at all.
IT IS MY BELIEF THAT THIS COMPANY KNOWINGLY PROMOTES A CAR RETURN DAMAGE POLICY THAT BLATANTLY ABUSES THEIR CUSTOMERS WALLETS WITH FRAUDULENT CLAIMS AND EXCESSIVE CHARGES.
The customer is particularly vulnerable because they are not citizens of this country, are not able to seek legal recourse easily and are obligated to catch their flight or risk losing the cost of their tickets.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Damage Charge
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Kuala Lumpur Europcar cars are old, dirty and not road worthy. Fell for their glossy website and booked a car. On pick up I was offered a 7 y.o. rusted..."
- "£200 for a scratch to the bumper while Parked outside their shop waiting for it to open. Ridiculous...."
- "On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or..."
- "I own thunder vapor a small Vape shop in Oklahoma City and over the past 3 years I've had Dozens upon dozens of calls and lost out of town business..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."
- "After I applied through the website I received an email about going for a test shoot in Camden. I arrived on time and a photographer took some shots of me...."
- "They sent me a sweater that was not at ALL what the picture looked like, complete SCAM! THEY STOLE MY MONEY!!! Don't waste your money!!!! All products are fake and..."
- "I ordered a bouquet of flowers from the prestige flowers website.I paid an additional amount and in total 46GBP for a LARGE bouquet of "pure delight"The picture advertised on the..."