Europcar - Bait & switch artist and fraudster

2 of 337 Europcar reviews

Don’t rent a car from these swindlers. On 6 September 2016, I rented a car from Europcar at London Heathrow Airport.

First - bait & switch: they said they can upgrade me to a different car for an extra $7 per day (USA dollars), so I accepted the deal. Then they use a bait and switch tactic to get me to sign paperwork that resulted in my paying an extra $26 per day. I was jetlagged from the trip so I wasn’t paying attention to all the details on the numerous forms.

Second - fraud: 2 days after I returned car, they accused me of putting a hole on the front bumper. I emailed back to say that the hole was already on the bumper when I picked up the car. They emailed back to me saying their operations team always inspect car for any damage before hiring out their cars. I emailed back photos that I took when I picked up car. Photos show pre-existing damage on bumper. So they had no choice but to drop the charges.

They are a bunch of liars. They are bait-and-switch artists and they are fraudsters who are charging customers for pre-existing damage. These snakes will no doubt charge their next victim for the same bumper damage. Lesson learned: always take photos of car when you pick up car and when you return car; always read all the fine print.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Upgrade costs 4 times more than verbal agreement
    • Accuse me of causing pre-existing damage on car

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Price reduction
Review category
Rentals
review #960301 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Europcar? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 337 Europcar reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.