Don’t rent a car from these swindlers. On 6 September 2016, I rented a car from Europcar at London Heathrow Airport.
First - bait & switch: they said they can upgrade me to a different car for an extra $7 per day (USA dollars), so I accepted the deal. Then they use a bait and switch tactic to get me to sign paperwork that resulted in my paying an extra $26 per day. I was jetlagged from the trip so I wasn’t paying attention to all the details on the numerous forms.
Second - fraud: 2 days after I returned car, they accused me of putting a hole on the front bumper. I emailed back to say that the hole was already on the bumper when I picked up the car. They emailed back to me saying their operations team always inspect car for any damage before hiring out their cars. I emailed back photos that I took when I picked up car. Photos show pre-existing damage on bumper. So they had no choice but to drop the charges.
They are a bunch of liars. They are bait-and-switch artists and they are fraudsters who are charging customers for pre-existing damage. These snakes will no doubt charge their next victim for the same bumper damage. Lesson learned: always take photos of car when you pick up car and when you return car; always read all the fine print.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Upgrade costs 4 times more than verbal agreement
- Accuse me of causing pre-existing damage on car
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I rented a car through Relayrides for a quick 2-day trip, and I've been dealing with Relayrides for almost a month now for the damages I didn't cause, and they're..."
- " I write to get your advice on a car rental and subsequent deduction of charges which are on dispute On the 20th Of January we hired a vehicle from..."
- "The owner of the “said” car claimed I damaged his tire, yet I have a solid witness who was with me when I dropped the car off! Just look at..."
- "since October I've have had 5 people to see the water damage from the dish. attached are pictures and all have agreed the damage from the dish. the frustration is..."
- "Until now my refund request is zero. I think hellopay is a SCAM and Lazada has to pay. Submitting this review, i thought might help but until now, nothing happened...."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."
- "I spent over $2,500 for my PB Comfort couch in grade E fabric. I spent more for the fabric upgrade and was told "it's brand new and the fabric that..."
- "Delightful Delivery?! More like Deceptive Delivery! These guys jack up the prices on their menu items, while making it appear like they are the restaurants' actual prices. There are no disclaimers..."