ESF Furniture Wholesale Scam and Distributing Junk
Update added by user Dec 04, 2013
The company should be, "ESF Wholesale Furniture"
Original review posted by user Dec 04, 2013
I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for the sofa then the other Sofa's the furniture store had offered from other vendors and thought I was buying a higher quality piece of furniture. Boy was I wrong.
The Sofa was labeled as coming with Genuine Italian Leather on their site and catalog. The reality is the sofa is Bonded PVC Leather. How do I know this. Well the look and feel of the exterior was one give away but the second is when you unzip the pillows and look at the interior of the leather as well, it is clearly bonded leather.
The second issue I had with the sofa is that it had 3 sectioned off headrest which should of been the same height but were actually a half inch to an inch and a half taller then each other as well as being crooked and slanted. So that sort of looks awkward and not constructed very well.
Third issue was the arm rest on each side collapsed after about a week of use.
The forth issue was that the piece came as a sectional. But the latches that connects the sectional were the same on each side so they could not connect. It is like instead of giving me an "A" and "B" part that connected each side, they gave me an "A" and "A" part.
ESF has told the furniture store they will not take back the sofa and still claim it is Genuine Italian Leather. Even though I have photographic proof now. This is definitely a case of false advertising on their part. They did tell the furniture store they will take care of the arm rest and have someone come repair it. They also are supposedly sending out the correct brackets now as well. For the amount of money I paid for the sofa and to be being lied to about the material, having nothing line up and breaking after less than a week, I am furious with ESF Furniture Whoesale. I have worked with the furniture store I have bought from for the past several years and they have always given me great support and an experience but buying a sofa through them from ESF could not have been more of a nightmare.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "I too ordered quite a bit of products from Tidebuy. I would not expect to check if I had to pay shipping for defective items before ordering, but I should..."
- "I do not like to give bad reviews but I feel it is necessary for this past experience and this dress. I ordered this dress (Style: F17063 One shoulder lace and..."
- " On September 6 2015, we accepted the bids from a uShIP sponsored business owned by a Kevin Harris of Harris Moving&Hauling (Youcallwehaulallthetime(7))phone #513-289-5225. The..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "Total lack of communication by Builder with each other and home owner. They will tell you what you want to hear and then stall or not do it. 9 months..."