Verified Reviewer

1.7

I recently tried to use Escrow.com and had high hopes! Seemed pretty legit, and they might be.

Might beef with them comes from their lack of willing to listen to their customers.

I had an app I was purchasing from someone, we set it all up and everything seemed good. I wired the (substantial) amount of money to them. They received it. I sent them the required documents, agreement terms for the sale, etc.

The agreement between the buyer(me) and the seller were signed by us with our legal names.

NOTE: With google play apps, ANYONE can go on and create a developer account. When you do that, you then choose your Developer name. The name that goes under your apps that you create. They don't ask to verify a business or anything at all.

I am on there and I chose my name, I'm just a hobby android game creator. I just made up a developer name. No registered business, nothing at all. This is due to taxes automatically being withdrawn from the money you make through admob, which is also a google company.

My point is, developer names are not necessarily businesses or companies, I would say most are not.

Escrow.com did a little 'research' and saw that the developer name was different than the seller's legal name (which makes total sense) and they stopped the process until the seller sent them his legal documents for his company or business. I explained to them what I explained to you in the top paragraphs, but the customer service rep kept repeating that the legal department needs those documents and they sent the request to the seller to get those submitted.

WHAT Documents?? I explained everything to them, and they ignored my concerns and blew me off stating that the legal department needs them. Right after stating that they would send a repeat message of, 'Is there anything else I can help you with today?'.

I was pretty dang nice and even apologized for being a little bit annoyed.

Later I come to find out that the same thing happened between them with the seller. They refused to acknowledge anything and kept with their shpeel of 'we need those company documents!'. So the seller cancelled the transaction.

HERE'S THE KICKER. THEY STILL MADE ALL OF THE MONEY FROM THE "TRANSACTION" LIKE THEY DID ANYTHING!

So now I'm going to be getting the money back in my account, MINUS over $200.

They need to listen to their customers and actually understand the situation before they choose to take people's money. It's their fault and no one else's.

User's recommendation: Make sure they understand your transaction before you use them, they could screw you over and make all of the profit at the same time.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Escrow Com Pros: Place to securely buy and sell stuff.

Escrow Com Cons: Dont listen.

Comments