10361 Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232, USA
3.3
Turnaround Time

Good customer service customizing hair color. Pleased with packaging.

HOWEVER --After first try, seemed okay, but product difficult to clean from hair. Left waxy, heavy residue. Thought it was just me or an "off" batch. Auto-ship stayed on.

Tried it a second time. Same thing. I just cannot get the residue out immediately; it takes about 2 weeks or a least 5-6 washings! And I only colored the roots the second time, so the waxy residue was left on my roots and weighed my hair down.

It looked unclean for a week! I like the color, but the residue leaves my hair heavy and greasy-looking.

I don't want to use it again. Had better results with Madison Reed so will be going back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

eSalon
eSalon Verified Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our customer service and packaging.

We would like to extend our apologies for the difficult time removing the color from your hair. Our gel color is crafted from highly pigmented professional-grade dyes, which can leave a residue if not rinsed out completely per your Personalized Instructions. Fortunately, the residual color can be removed by bringing any leftover hair color in your bottle or bowl, filling it with water and mixing it together. After tilting your head back, pour the mixture onto any areas you applied color and deeply massage it for 2-3 minutes prior to rinsing.

This will seriously help to loosen any residual color and prevent staining on your scalp.

If you still have this feeling, we then suggest using a color-care clarifying shampoo to remove any of the remaining residue from your hair, leaving it feeling fresh and squeaky clean.We do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and always want our clients to feel great about their hair color. Please dont hesitate to email us at help@esalon.com with your name and account information and we will be happy to help you any way we can.Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience and hope to hear from you.