I've been using eSalon for a few years and noticed in the last year that the formula had changed to a thick, gummy waxy. consistency that I couldn't wash out.

I have also lost 30% of my hair and it went from quite wavy to lifeless, no shine straight. I've never had straight hair. I have stopped using the product and hope my hair eventually grows back to the way it was. I called eSalon twice to complain about the waxy texture and they said all I had to do was massage the color more.

That was an understatement.

Never again! Very upset with the look of my hair and the thinning.

Product or Service Mentioned: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I had the same experience. Felt like I was trying to get lard or shortening out of my hair.

One section of my hair was very gummy afterwards, so much so that I had to keep washing it to get it out. My hair also felt lifeless and stick straight afterwards - and I have wavy hair naturally.

They recommended I add baking soda to my shampoo to get rid of that - but that makes no sense. Ammonia is a base - if it's reacting in my hair, I need something acidic to balance the PH.

Omgosh I'm glad I read the reviews before I used this product. I'm going to return it as soon as I get it!

eSalon

We’re so sorry to hear about your upsetting experience with our hair color.

We’re concerned about your hair thinning because it is a very unusual reaction to hair color.

The formulation for our highly pigmented professional-grade gel color hasn’t changed. If it’s not thoroughly rinsed out per the Personalized Instructions, a refreshing, vigorous head massage usually does the trick to rinse the color out. If you’ve tried this and are still experiencing a waxy texture, please let us know.

We’d like to assist you further.

So, please email help@esalon.com (Subject Line: ATTN Director of Customer Service) with the email address used to create your eSalon account, along with your full name and zip code.

We hope to hear from you soon.

@eSalon

Had same experience with gummy, waxy, jello type of consistency that was very difficult to wash off... it changed my hair, feels like is fake... this is the first time I used this product and I just don't know why is it so hard to wash off...