4.6
Turnaround Time

I have been using eSalon for about a year. Boxed color was not working on my hair. I'm a woman in her late 40s and I noticed that the texture and reaction of boxed color wasn't working for me. I work part time and I can't afford salon colors or highlights, so eSalon has been really great for me. I do get my hair cut at a salon, and they've been VERY impressed with the quality of the color. They've told me so several times. I can see natural/previous highlights coming through. I have tried the LabLights and it is good, I like the balayage/painterly highlight technique, it's easier than a cap. They offer different shades of highlights for light or dark hair, and that can be adjusted also.

I have had four color changes, because the light brown ended up being brassy and at first it wasn't covering my grays. So I contacted them four times and always got a call back. The color was adjusted every time and I was very pleased with the responsiveness, it was very timely and polite EVERY TIME.

I love their color shampoo and conditioner too, and have bought it outside of what is included in the box.

I had an issue with one of their products, it was a color wash, and it stained everything and caused my hair to turn a weird dark carrot color. It eventually washed out, but I wasn't satisfied with the product overall. I complained and received a credit without a problem. I threw the rest in the trash, as it was useless to me at that point.

The ONLY problem I've had with this is that my husband DESPISES the smell of the hair color. He can't stand it, it makes him sick to his stomach. I don't know what to do about that. He says it smells like really bad perfume. My daughter never said anything about the odor, so maybe it's just him. I've also experienced a little gumminess of the product (dye) on the sides of my hair, but it goes away after the first two or so washes.

Odor aside, I think that eSalon is a great company. I'll continue to use them as long as I am coloring my hair.

Product or Service Mentioned: Esalon Customer Care.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

eSalon Pros: Personalized product, Ease of use and great color and coverage, Pricing.

Comments